Colorado Barstool Philosophy Club Message Board › Organizer Change

Organizer Change

Dave
DKilroy
Denver, CO
Hey There Old Friends,

It's Dave Kilroy, founder of The Barstool Philosophy Group. After taking a 2 year hiatus to chase my dream of owning my own business, I am happy to return as your group organizer!

I would first like to thank Danica and Heather for doing such an amazing job keeping the group going! It's not always easy to facilitate conversations with such an intellectual and out-going group. I owe you both a huge THANK YOU (and probably a few beers) for all your hard work.

Next, I would like to let you know that we will start monthly meetups in September. The first meetup will be the always fun and amazing Bar Crawl! We will make a return to South Broadway on Saturday, September 29th - starting at 7pm. I'm working on finalizing all the different stops, but I must say you won't be disappointed. We are going to stay with everyone's favorite theme: Hats, Helmets, and Wigs!

In October we will be returning to the regularly scheduled meetups, with at least one per month. My goal is to get to at least 2 a month by the end of fall. This should allow us to vary meeting times and places, and thus get a lot more people involved. This is where I need your help. I need to know...What part of the Denver metro area is best for you? What days/times are best for you? I can't promise that every request will be filled, but I can promise that we will do our best to schedule meetups in as many parts of town as we can.

Finally, I would like to make a note on a small format change. We will be returning to the old format of having members submit questions for the group to ponder each week, and will have those printed and placed on tables around the meeting area. There will not be a moderator or announcer. The questions will be discussed (or lambasted, or praised, or completely ignored) at the discretion of those around you. If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions please send them my way!

I'm incredibly excited to be back with the BSP group! Can't wait to see you all again!!!

Cheers,

Dave