The Boulder (and Beyond!) Vegan Meetup Group Message Board The Boulder Vegan Meetup Group Discussion Forum › Scorpion lollipops at Rocket Fizz

Scorpion lollipops at Rocket Fizz

Sarah G.
SarahGawricki
Boulder, CO
Post #: 3
Hi all,

I went to Rocket Fizz a couple weeks ago and noticed they are selling fried scorpion lollipops from Hotlix. They also sell fried ants I believe. (http://hotlix.com/ins...­) The scorpions are real and it is not necessary to fry them and stuff them in a lollipop. Could we politely ask the store to remove them and mention, especially if you have kids, that you won't be bringing your kids to the store until they remove such an offensive item before you return?

Rocket Fizz
1441 Pearl Street Boulder, CO 80302
(303) 447-3499
www.rocketfizz.com
info@rocketfizz.com

I just called and tried to get in touch with the owner who had stepped out (of course) or to get an email where we can all write them. I briefly explained what I was calling about without giving too much detail removed and asked if there was a better time I could call back. Aliie took my name and number and said that he is usually in the store but doesn't like to talk on the phone. My plan is to tell the owner I am not going to shop there while he carries the item and politely mention the cruelty of such a treat. If you want to call the manufacturer, Hotlix, as well the information is below. It has been my experience that calling the manufacturer is not as successful.

1-800-EAT WORM
( 1-800-328-9676)

Email Us!
info@hotlix.com

Send Us Fan Mail!
PO BOX 447
Grover Beach, CA 93483

insect candy: http://hotlix.com/ins...­
Renee
user 11011847
Boulder, CO
Post #: 7
I have never heard of this place, but I will certainly let them know that I am boycotting them. ; )
Sarah G.
SarahGawricki
Boulder, CO
Post #: 4
Thank you. FYI, the owner, David, said he would talk to the co-owners and do a little research and make a decision based on that. I thanked him and told I would follow up within a week so for now we can hold off. He may say no and then I will let him know I am sending something to the group and other communities. :)
Sarah G.
SarahGawricki
Boulder, CO
Post #: 5
I just sent a message to the group about this store. :)