addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Boulder (and Beyond!) Vegan Meetup Group Message Board The Boulder Vegan Meetup General Group Discussion Forum › upcoming meetups and other thoughts

upcoming meetups and other thoughts

A former member
hello vegan meetupers!
i'll try to make this email as brief as possible and direct to links with more information.

first off i want to apologize that i was unable to respond to the many emails that went out to the group, and me personally, over the last week or so. i was out of town and had minimal access to Internet and no time to read or respond to the emails that went around that requested attention.

i am sad to say that over 14 members dropped off the list because of the load of emails that circulated last week. while i don't want to monitor the list, i do agree that important discussions like the one that occurred last week are best sent to the message board so that those of us who want to participate can email away and not bog folk's emails up. as soon as i learn how the message board works, i will transfer conversations to that vehicle of communication in the future.

after reading the emails i was relieved (and thrilled) to see that the conversations were thoughtful, polite, educational and kind. that is not always the case and i thank everyone for keeping the animals as the focus.

as a vegan and animal rights advocate for the last 25 years, these discussions are not unusual, and even necessary, as we constantly evaluate and reevaluate our strategies/actions to bring about human and animal liberation most effectively. what is also not unusual, sadly, is that these discussions often tear apart our tiny movement and distract us from the vital work that has to occur to save the planet, let alone the animals and humans. i hope that these discussions only create more passion and commitment in the meetup members, and not the alternative, which would be tragic for all involved.

UPCOMING MEETUPS!
WE have LOTS of room for this Saturdays Cookie Exchange Extravaganza and Vegan Potluck so I hope they'll be lots of last minute RSVPs. You can come just for the cookie exchange or the potluck or any variation thereof. Just show up and be part of Vegan Community! see this link for more detailshttp://www.meetup.com...­

Our last meetup of the year will be a second Vegan Drinks again at the b-side lounge. we will wish Betsy much love and passion in her next chapter and bid a farewell to the b.side lounge. this will be a pay for your own drinks and food meetup so all that is requested is a RSVP. i will post the meetup details later today.

as always feel free to email or call me with any questions.

stumbling along the vegan path with all of you,
lisawink