The Miami Critical Mass Meetup Group Message Board › Occupy the Rickenbacker

Occupy the Rickenbacker

Rebecca
user 10292581
Miami, FL
Post #: 5
We really need to do something to get Miami and Key Biscayne to make the Rickenbacker (and the rest of Miami) safer for cyclists. We need to demand it. I'm thinking this is going to require direct action, not letters to the editor. Thoughts?
A former member
Post #: 3
What do you think it's really going to take to do this? This city has by far the worst drivers I've ever seen. And it's not just that they're bad. Many of them also have this shit, own the road, not care about anyone attitude. It doesn't need to be made safer for cyclists. It needs to be made safer for everyone!
Prem Lee B.
Premitive1
Miami, FL
Post #: 49
lest we forget, they've supposedly dumped bunches of money into improving that causeway.
i recall attending some terribly bureaucratic meeting about improvements, it must have been a year ago or more.
A former member
Post #: 4
And while you're at it, don't forget about the Venetian that has construction everywhere, long stretches where the sidewalks are closed, the road is narrowed, due to the construction, and none of the street lights are even working.
Rebecca
user 10292581
Miami, FL
Post #: 6
The least we can ask for is city officials and local media who are as outraged as we are, who recognize that the hit and run rate in this city has reached epidemic proportions, and who care enough to attend the memorial ride and make some kind of statement to show their commitment to making steps in the direction of safety for bikes and pedestrians. And for traffic laws to actually be enforced. As someone pointed out to me yesterday on the Rickenbacker, most of the motorists passing us probably did not know why we were there considering that it received minimal coverage in the Miami Herald.