The Miami Critical Mass Meetup Group Message Board › Event details changed: Shark Valley Moonlight Ride

Event details changed: Shark Valley Moonlight Ride

Collin
emperor_tomato
Group Organizer
Miami, FL
I've updated this event. For more details, see the full listing:
I just finished speaking with the park ranger who grants the special use permits. The park has decided that they don't want two different groups of riders starting at the same time and going in different directions (they had originally requested we ride counterclockwise). Now they want us to arrive at the park at 5:30 p.m. and we should ride clockwise. Apparently there was a collision last month between 2 riders going in different directions and now they want to avoid any more problems.

Unfortunately, there's no negotiating - they could just deny us a permit for Saturday. I know there's been a lot of promotion for meeting at 5 pm at the Dadeland parking lot so I'm not sure what effect changing the meeting time to 4:30 pm will have. Probably lots of chaos and confusion. All I can tell you is that I'm letting you know as soon as I found out and we should contact as many people as possible and post it in as many places as we can between now and Saturday. Sorry for the short notice but there's no way we could have predicted the park would do this at the last minute. So let's get the word out as best we can and hope we reach everyone.

http://criticalmass.m...­

When: Saturday, March 3, 2007 at 4:30 PM

Where: Dadeland Mall North Parking Lot by Firestone Tires
8701 SW 72nd Ave
Miami, FL 33143
305-579-0069

If the changes affect your plans to attend, please take a moment to update your RSVP. (You can RSVP 'No' or 'Maybe' as well as 'Yes'.)

You can always get in touch with me through the 'Contact Organizer' feature on the Meetup.com website: http://criticalmass.m...­