align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The Miami Critical Mass Meetup Group Message Board › Miami Beach Bike Victory

Miami Beach Bike Victory

Collin
emperor_tomato
Group Organizer
Miami, FL
Post #: 10
You all should read this article, you can see how Miami Beach Bike enthusiasts worked together to get bike lanes on 16th St, even against opposition. This should be a lesson on how it can be done throughout Miami-Dade County. Let me know what you think about this, if you would like to work to get some movement on Bike Lanes in Miami-Dade, maybe we can start hacking away at that.

http://www.miamisunpo...­
A former member
Post #: 811
Wow - that's great! I ride with my son for a lot of our daily transportation over in the Grove and Gables, and rarely do I feel like we're not going to die.

I think the Critical Mass is a great thing, I totally appreciate you Collin for getting it started (or at least this site). I know there are lots other involved, but I don't know you yet. Anyway - I guess I'm hoping to get more involved in the bike activism, but am more of a follower than a leader when it comes to actual action. So...who am I with?! (so to speak)

Like the path along Main Hwy, Old Cutler, into the Grove. I thought there was discussion of fixing it up, but I'm not sure. Anyone know?
A former member
Post #: 813
Hey - I sent a quick note over to the folks at BASIC saying congrats and this note was sent back. I think she thought I was speaking on behalf of Critical Mass, so I thought I'd share:

"Thanks for the support. When Paul and I started this, your group were actually our role model, so it is nice to hear from you. I hope we can meet soon! Gabrielle"