addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Miami Critical Mass Meetup Group Message Board › "My Bike Lane" - seems safer than egging cars

"My Bike Lane" - seems safer than egging cars

A former member
Post #: 814
For those with "bike road rage"

I'd like to make sticky notes with a messages and put them on offending cars, something about how they've either blocked the path or nearly killed me. then let them know their license plate is being posted online:

My Bike Lane

sorry for all the posts - I had a rough biking day.
Eddie S.
EddieSuarez
Miami, FL
Post #: 19
It's a losing battle. Cars block bike lane but so does the city and county. How many Bus Benches, light poles, "Men Working", "Road Closed", "Sale Today" signs, all sit on either bike paths or sidewalks?

They want us to use public transportation but then don't provide safe means of getting to the bus stops or stations.
Collin
emperor_tomato
Group Organizer
Miami, FL
Post #: 11
It's true that there is a lot of clutter in the right of way, and that doesn't make it easy for bike riders. But riders shouldn't be on the sidewalk where most of that stuff is in general. I know it's safer on the sidewalk cause cars usually don't go up on the sidewalk, but we need to make the streets safer for riders. The best means of getting that done is calling and writing to your commissioners office. Both city and county. We will be starting a campaign that focuses on bike lanes, alt transit, and getting cars from blocking lanes. More info on that too come in the near future, as details will need to be worked out. We could use all the help and support in getting people to take interest and contact their respective commissioners.