Mailing List Archive

Subject Sender Date
Meetup details changed: What the Font? - I've updated this Meetup. For more details, see the full listing: http://www.meetup.com/css-56/e­vents/211993202/ When : Wednesday, November 19,[masked]:00 PM Cheryl W. Nov 17, 2014 3:57 PM
Houston CSS future Meet-up Planning - This weekend at TechFest Improving http://improvingenterprises.co­m has offered us meeting space with facilities for presentations and even offered to provide the pizza. So it looks like we can finally start Cheryl W. Sep 14, 2014 8:33 PM
Meetup details changed: Adobe is coming back!!! - Quick reminder if you haven't registered that Adobe will be here on Friday. I've already received the door prize - a free year of the full Adobe Creative Cloud for one lucky attendee. You must be present to win. More information at: Cheryl W. Jul 14, 2014 5:11 PM
Free Web development Training (Today) - Will you like to learn how to develop ( http://programmerscrew.com/com­ments.php ) from Start to finish using PHP? t kingsley Jun 25, 2014 9:59 AM
Meetup details changed: Adobe is coming back!!! - I've updated this Meetup. For more details, see the full listing: http://www.meetup.com/css-56/e­vents/181985142/ When : Friday, July 18,[masked]:00 PM Cheryl W. Jun 18, 2014 4:37 PM
Re: [css-56] January meeting questions - How about meeting at Platform Houston in Rice Village? > On Dec 24, 2013, at 12:07 PM, Ingrid Kast Fuller wrote: > > All I ask is that we find meeting locations INSIDE THE LOOP and closer to > DOWNTOWN so that the meetings a Ian f. Dec 24, 2013 12:53 PM
RE: [css-56] January meeting questions - All I ask is that we find meeting locations INSIDE THE LOOP and closer to DOWNTOWN so that the meetings are centrally located. I personally prefer the Hwy 59 / Downtown area, I know you don't want to come to Pasadena where I live. But I don't want to Ingrid Kast F. Dec 24, 2013 12:06 PM
CSS-56 January Meeting Parameters - Forget the logo. Conscious E. Dec 19, 2013 1:13 AM
RE: [css-56] January meeting questions - I chose Wednesday, January 8. But, actually, the only date I can't make it would be Friday, January 10. Gail W. Issen [masked] (Mobile - Preferred) [masked] (Home) [masked] (Fax) www.xpertwebs.com -----Original Message----- From: Gail I. Dec 19, 2013 12:05 AM
January meeting questions - It has been a while since we had a physical meet-up and we've got a new co-organizer since the last one - Ingrid has replaced Norah as you've seen from earlier mailings. Ingrid's been working on a tip section to add to the site which should be up befor Cheryl W. Dec 18, 2013 12:35 PM
Donation Button Taking Down - We've taken the donation button down temporarily.   It was going to Norah and she asked me to change it.   So don't worry about donations at this time.   I'll replace the button as soon as I can, but it may be later in the week. If you us Ingrid Kast F. Oct 14, 2013 9:07 AM
Re: [css-56] Meetup Renewal is due Today - Can you donate? - Ingrid, I "get" the 3 meetup groups from experience. I'm currently the organizer of 4 meetup groups (some just beginning - Rodger F. Oct 13, 2013 11:44 PM
RE: [css-56] Meetup Renewal is due Today - Can you donate? - Ingrid Kast F. Oct 13, 2013 11:10 PM
RE: [css-56] Meetup Renewal is due Today - Can you donate? - $1 contribution through PayPal equals 67-68 cents. Which using your $72 figure means there would be approximately $100 leftover for giveaways. That isn't "a lot more than 'some to spare'". That is assuming that each member contributed $1 something that Cheryl W. Oct 13, 2013 11:09 PM
Re: [css-56] Meetup Renewal is due Today - Can you donate? - To say that 372 members paying $1 each would cover the annual cost of a meetup + "some to spare" is rather disingenuous. A Rodger F. Oct 13, 2013 10:42 PM
RE: [css-56] Meetup Renewal is due Today - Can you donate? - Bryant, Thank you for the offer but there are several reasons why this group is kept on meet-up even though many of our members are "in the business" and have servers as well as development skills. Managing this group takes more time than you might th Cheryl W. Oct 13, 2013 10:07 PM
Re: [css-56] Meetup Renewal is due Today - Can you donate? - Conscious E. Oct 13, 2013 3:50 PM
Re: [css-56] Meetup Renewal is due Today - Can you donate? - Hello Ingrid and to all... I know this would help... but I also know that what I am about to suggest might ruffle some feathers. I am a graphic designer / we Bryant Oct 13, 2013 2:34 PM
Meetup Renewal is due Today - Can you donate? - Hello Houston CSS Meetup Members.... Looks like today is our renewal date and I was wondering if any of you could help us keep the group alive by donating whatever you can afford, any amount is appreciated. Here is the donation button ( Ingrid Kast F. Oct 13, 2013 1:39 PM
Dreamweaver Updates - If you have Adobe's Creative Cloud you may want to get the update released today to Dreamweaver CC. There are several new features and updates/patches to solve some existing issues. More info available at Cheryl W. Aug 27, 2013 12:45 PM
25 reasons why people leave your website - I came across this article and even though it is a few years old I thought it was something that is still relevant and perhaps it might help in your site designs. http://econsultancy.com/uk/blo­g/6924-25-reasons-why-i-ll-lea­ve-your-website- in-10-sec Cheryl W. Aug 12, 2013 11:57 AM
Please Vote on Changing Meetup Group Name - Dear Members, I just posted a POLL in the group, could you please vote on this as soon as possible.  Thank you.   Should we change the group to "The Houston CSS / HTML5 Meet Ingrid Kast F. May 10, 2013 11:05 AM
Re: [css-56] Feedback on CSS Meetup - I write XHTML, PHP & JS, and have been neglecting CSS for years. I've modified it plenty, but mostly waste my time w Conscious E. Apr 14, 2013 11:04 PM
Re: [css-56] New Organizer - Ingrid Kast Fuller (CityScope Net) - Hey - Saw you were looking for feedback so here's my thoughts: I'd love to have a monthly casual meetup at a bar or cafe or something - not necessarily for a lecture or learning event, but just to hang out and network and show off w Ricky F. Apr 14, 2013 10:08 PM
New Organizer - Ingrid Kast Fuller (CityScope Net) -   Nuo Xu has nominated me to become the new Organizer of the Houston CSS Meetup Group. As of today, I have accepted and paid for another 6 months for the group. I would like to continue our Adobe online webinars and try to have at leas Ingrid Kast F. Apr 13, 2013 12:52 PM
Call for donation - Dear All: I'm writing this email to call a donation for our Houston CSS Group.  To keep our group going we need to pay the meetup dues which is $72/6 month, or $45/3 months. If you Nuo X. Nov 2, 2012 9:56 AM
Meetup details changed: Create the Web Tour - Adobe has just told me that they will be giving away a full year of the Adobe Creative Cloud as a door prize for this event. Since there will also be food and drink provided we need an accurate head count. So if the changes affect your plans to Cheryl W. Oct 9, 2012 12:39 PM
Meetup details changed: Create the Web Tour - We now have a location for this Meetup.  When : Monday, November 5,[masked]:00 PM Where : BlackFinn American Grille - Houston 1910 Bagby S Cheryl W. Oct 5, 2012 9:04 AM
Our next webinar - Please vote the poll! - Dear All: Thank you for attending our first Webinar yesterday. Though the first time it's a very successful meeting. Please leave your feedback and rate our webinar For our next webinar we are going to have Mr.Peter Gasston , th Nuo X. Sep 26, 2012 12:11 PM
Our Webinars - There were a few glitches in tonight's webinar which isn't terribly surprising since it is the first one we have hosted. The primary glitch was that the recording I tried to make had audio that was inaudible. I think it was an issue on my end and I've Cheryl W. Sep 25, 2012 10:47 PM
Re-organization meeting notes - Last Monday at the Stag's Head discussion on what topics and frequency of future meetings  was the primary topics of discussion. The consensus was for webinars monthly, possibly more often if we can get enough presenters with live meetings at Cheryl W. Sep 20, 2012 12:31 PM
Drupal expert wanted - Preview not available Nuo X. Sep 12, 2012 7:40 PM
$1/yr Donation Campaign - Dear All: As you might notice the good news for our group:   Cheryl just got Adobe as our sponsor providin Nuo X. Sep 11, 2012 3:48 PM
Meetup details changed: CSS Meetup Re-Organization Meeting - I've updated this Meetup. For more details, see the full listing: http://www.meetup.com/css-56/e­vents/16250040/ When : Monday, September 17,[masked]:00 PM Ingrid Kast F. Sep 11, 2012 12:32 PM
RE: [css-56] Update on Adobe User Group Application - Stag's is the Stag's Head Pub where we have previously held meetings. One of us will need to confirm that their back room is available on the 25th. Stag's Head Pub 2128 Portsmouth, Houston, TX 77098 (713)[masked] It's a good centrally located p Cheryl W. Sep 11, 2012 7:31 AM
Re: [css-56] Update on Adobe User Group Application - Thanks, Ingrid and everybody for organizing that. I will be there. Have a good night, On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 10:10 PM, Tulsi Dharmarajan < Nuo X. Sep 10, 2012 10:23 PM
Re: [css-56] Update on Adobe User Group Application - Great idea! Tulsi D. Sep 10, 2012 10:10 PM
RE: [css-56] Update on Adobe User Group Application - Ingrid Kast F. Sep 10, 2012 10:09 PM
RE: [css-56] Update on Adobe User Group Application - Ingrid Kast F. Sep 10, 2012 10:02 PM
Re: [css-56] Update on Adobe User Group Application - I will like to be part of the meeting. where is stag? Ezequiel W. Sep 10, 2012 9:43 PM
Re: [css-56] Update on Adobe User Group Application - Tuesday night might work for me. May I know where is Stags? Thanks, Norah On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 6:49 PM, Cheryl Wise < Nuo X. Sep 10, 2012 9:21 PM
RE: [css-56] Update on Adobe User Group Application - I've had a bit more discussion with Aaron and we have now been approved with a 60 day period to get some activity going. Hopefully our Connect account will come through soon. Meeting up at Stags would definitely be a good idea. I've got a bit of a bu Cheryl W. Sep 10, 2012 6:49 PM
RE: [css-56] Update on Adobe User Group Application - Cheryl.... Perhaps we can have a meeting this week and get this started with some activity. Perhaps meeting up at Stag's over dinner. Like an IMPROMTU Intro night for everyone interested to meet. (Wednesday is good for me) Maybe we can get this poste Ingrid Kast F. Sep 10, 2012 4:49 PM
Update on Adobe User Group Application - I received a notice of a comment from Adobe on our user group application at http://groups.adobe.com/index.­cfm?event=post.display&postid=­44097 (must be logged in with an Adobe account to view/post) that basically says we need to be more active before t Cheryl W. Sep 10, 2012 4:35 PM
Webinar Updates and Call for donation - Dear All: Here are some updates about our meetup. 1.  Webinar:   Cheryl has  starte Nuo X. Sep 6, 2012 5:22 PM
Re: [css-56] Keep our meetup going - Cheryl: Thank you so much for what you did for our entire group.Let's cross the finger and see. If there is any speaker in our group is looking for more opportunity to be promoted, Nuo X. Aug 23, 2012 4:51 PM
RE: [css-56] Keep our meetup going - I've started the process with Adobe about becoming an Adobe User Group. Hopefully we'll get a positive response and be able to start using Adobe Connect for webinars. As soon as we have the ability to use Adobe Connect I'll get with Rob to schedule a pres Cheryl W. Aug 23, 2012 4:27 PM
Fwd: Fiona Xue sent you a message: AT&T Webinar - Preview not available Nuo X. Aug 23, 2012 4:02 PM
Re: [css-56] Keep our meetup going - Very good! I like where this disccusion is going! Keep on this list. I wanna attend a webinar, and if I see somewhere I can help, I will definitely let yall know. Im super out of touch with whats hot, but I can Thiago Aug 21, 2012 1:34 PM
RE: [css-56] Webinar - Ingrid Kast F. Aug 20, 2012 11:37 AM
Re: [css-56] Webinar - Cheryl: Thanks so much for bringing us the cheerful news. Keep posted, Norah On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 6:39 PM, Cheryl Wise Nuo X. Aug 19, 2012 7:09 PM
RE: [css-56] Webinar - Of the ones I've used I like Adobe Connect best. Let me see next week if we can get this group registered as an Adobe user group. If we can Adobe will provide us with a licensed copy of Adobe Connect and server use at no charge. That's what the Photosh Cheryl W. Aug 19, 2012 6:39 PM
Webinar - As John and Ingrid recommended , I think Webina will be a good meetup format for us. Nuo X. Aug 19, 2012 6:27 PM
Re: [css-56] Keep our meetup going - Dear All: Thanks for all the input  and kind offering to help As a 6 years organization the css meetup has its own evolvement, no matter if it fits everybody or not now, it is still a  platform with abundant res Nuo X. Aug 19, 2012 6:16 PM
RE: [css-56] Keep our meetup going - Yes, there are plenty of social networking groups available. I'm willing to help with some of those topics after I get back to Houston next week. Like Erica I'm in Colorado right now but with school starting I sadly have to return to heat & humidity. Cheryl W. Aug 19, 2012 1:48 PM
RE: [css-56] Keep our meetup going - Cheryl.... So you agree with my last statement... stay with these topics???? >>>>Perhaps make this group a CSS, Javascript, Jquery, HTML.. and subjects like Responsive Design, Grid Layout, Mobile, etc.. CityScope Net -[masked] Ingrid Kast F Ingrid Kast F. Aug 19, 2012 1:39 PM
RE: [css-56] Keep our meetup going - Frankly I'm not interested in marketing or social networks for that matter and SEO is a rapidly changing field that requires intense amount of time to stay current so I'm not particularly interested in that either. I am interested in the technologies H Cheryl W. Aug 19, 2012 1:32 PM
RE: [css-56] Keep our meetup going - Ingrid Kast F. Aug 19, 2012 1:20 PM
Re: [css-56] Keep our meetup going - Hey Y'all,   To give a little background - this group was originally started as a compliment to Refresh Houston. We used to have monthly meetings with guest speakers - bringing in everyone from Molly Holzschlag & Matt Mullenweg - to hometow Erica Aug 19, 2012 12:46 PM
RE: [css-56] what about short term webinars to keep the group going - I used to be a SIG leader for Web Design and Web Technology over at HAL-PC. That group had sponsorship from Macromedia and Microsoft, later Adobe as well. Being a user group leader is an unthankful and time consuming task. I know that I got burnt out afte Cheryl W. Aug 19, 2012 9:33 AM
Re: [css-56] Keep our meetup going - Leaders of groups can get burned out for a lot of reasons, and many times its not related to lack of interest or even being too busy. The amount of "input" and incoming email can be quite overwhelming. Many people are very interested in providing "op Joe L. Aug 18, 2012 10:42 PM
Re: [css-56] Keep our meetup going - You, guys should open a new group, that deals with html, css, web design, search optomization, cms, and more.. we need to make this group more market relevant. On Aug 18,[masked]:46 PM, "Daniel Scott Smith" alex Aug 18, 2012 10:01 PM
Re: [css-56] Keep our meetup going - Well, hi Norah, this is Daniel Smith. I was kind of interested in the group keeping going, but was really wondering why the ex-leaders of the group declined to keep up with it? I figured they were opeing out for declining interest in css, or what? Cou Daniel Scott S. Aug 18, 2012 9:46 PM
RE: [css-56] Keep our meetup going - Ingrid Kast F. Aug 18, 2012 8:54 PM
RE: [css-56] Keep our meetup going - Jim W. Aug 18, 2012 4:20 PM
Re: [css-56] Keep our meetup going - Hi,Tom: Thanks. I'm not sure if anybody want to organize another HTML5 group, but that's a good idea. Do you know how can we get the sponsorship from Microsoft? Who is the sponsor for CSS group before? Nuo X. Aug 18, 2012 4:08 PM
what about short term webinars to keep the group going - Hi, I am in the Adobe Photoshop group and the leader of that group hosts via real-time online webinars so people can ask questions and communicate and use the computer but you don't have to leave home. It seems to me that this has been one of the mos user 1. Aug 18, 2012 2:58 PM
Re: [css-56] Keep our meetup going - I notice that there is a waiting list for an HTML5 Meetup.   I wonder if it might not be more productive to have an HTML5/CSS3 Meetup and try to combine the existing CSS meetup group with the wait-listed HTML5 group.    I wonde Tom G. Aug 18, 2012 2:24 PM
Keep our meetup going - Dear All: This is Nuo,Xu, just call me Norah.  I'm new to this group. Before I have chance to join even one meetup I was notified that this one is going to close. I guess many people in this group (although I don't know any) might have the sam Nuo X. Aug 18, 2012 1:37 PM
Invitation to connect on LinkedIn - Sam Sep 8, 2011 1:42 AM
AIR Houston 2010 - Call for dev. teams - Hi all, Some know me, some don't. ?My name is Geri Druckman and I am on the advisory board for AIR?(Accessibility Internet Rally)?Houston. AIR Houston is a?subsidiary?of http://www.knowbility.org Geri D. Apr 12, 2010 10:31 AM
Web Designer and Webmaster need - Rufus C. Apr 12, 2010 7:18 AM
Fate of the CSS Meetup Group - Hey Gang, I am looking at schedules and I just don't think I have enough time to run this group as well. It is important to me that I do a good job, and I am getting spread too thin to do that. If someone wants to take it over, I wi Eric S. Feb 18, 2010 10:00 AM
New Meetup: Rounded Boxes and Social Mixers - Announcing a new Meetup for The Houston CSS Meetup Group! What: Rounded Boxes and Social Mixers When: January 18,[masked]:00 PM Where: Stag's Head Pub 2128 Portsmouth Houston, TX[masked] Eric S. Jan 7, 2010 8:29 AM
Meetup Scheduling - All, I am ready to get this Meetup hopping, but I need to know what other groups people attend so we can find the best schedule. Please email me the name of the groups (web related) that would conflict with this Meetup and when they Eric S. Jan 1, 2010 6:54 PM
Web Designers that Know Joomla - We are currently seeking web designers that have previous experience with Joomla.? We contract to hire if you're interested and talented.? Looking forward to hearing from this great group. Thanks, ? Chris Oct 29, 2009 6:34 PM
Seeking committed Web Designer - Natuba.com - Local (Houston) inquiries only, please - this is an in-house position. ? Natuba.com is looking for a highly ambitious, very committed Web Designer who takes his or her job seriously. We are an up-and-coming website with a high-e Mark F Sep 24, 2009 4:17 PM
CSS Meetup Info - Hello All, I have just taken on the role as organizer for the Houston CSS Meetup Group. I currently also organize the Houston Web Technology Meetup and the Eric S. Sep 23, 2009 7:53 PM
Hi there - Preview not available Rhonda Jul 14, 2009 10:57 PM
Transportation web app - I'm looking to bring on a long term partner/ frame work developer for a proof of concept in transportation software. Any ideas? user 8. Jan 2, 2009 12:40 AM
JOB: Full time/Full Benefits Web Designer Inside Loop - Iberon LLC creates web-based software for it's affiliated companies. There are several projects in the pipeline at this time. You would provide/maintain graphics and layout for most of them. We are looking for someone with experience in: Michael B. Dec 3, 2008 4:42 PM
New Meetup: Meet Molly Holzschlag - Announcing a new Meetup for The Houston CSS Meetup Group! What: Meet Molly Holzschlag When: October 13,[masked]:30 PM Where: Click the link below to find out! Meetup Description: Molly Holzschlag is the author o Erica Oct 12, 2008 12:34 PM
Subscribe - user 5. Dec 11, 2007 3:03 PM
Re: [css-56] New Event: August CSS Meetup - Bring Your CSS Woes! - Hey Jason, I'm hunting for a presenter - We have a lot of events coming up in September - so we might just use this time to regroup. Cheers, -E On 7/26/07, Jas Erica Jul 26, 2007 9:32 AM
Re: [css-56] New Event: August CSS Meetup - Bring Your CSS Woes! - Hi Erica, Jason Jul 26, 2007 9:26 AM
Re: [css-56] New Event: August CSS Meetup - Bring Your CSS Woes! - Hi Andrew, Sorry about that - I've been far too busy these days. I hope you'll come by and join us. Also be sure to come by the next Refresh Houston Meeting - http://refreshhouston.org Erica Jul 26, 2007 9:17 AM
Event details changed: July (oops) CSS Meetup - Bring Your CSS Woes! - I've updated this event. For more details, see the full listing: http://css.meetup.com/56/calen­dar/6079979/ When: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 at 7:00 PM Where: Webxites 2500 Ci Erica Jul 26, 2007 9:14 AM
Re: [css-56] New Event: August CSS Meetup - Bring Your CSS Woes! - Morning Erica, I have never met up with your group and I am considering it still. I will a bit confused. Your date is for Friday Aug 31st and you state at the end of the email, "I look forward to seeing you all on Tuesday Evening" Can you Andrew T. Jul 26, 2007 9:06 AM
New Event: August CSS Meetup - Bring Your CSS Woes! - Announcing a new event for The Houston CSS Meetup Group! What: August CSS Meetup - Bring Your CSS Woes! When: Friday, August 31, 7:00 PM Where: Click the link below to find out! Event Description: Hey Folks, Erica Jul 26, 2007 8:54 AM
Event details changed: The Houston CSS June Meetup - I've updated this event. For more details, see the full listing: http://css.meetup.com/56/calen­dar/5816023/ When: Thursday, June 28, 2007 at 7:00 PM Where: Webxites 2500 C Erica Jun 28, 2007 11:25 AM
Event details changed: The Houston CSS May Meetup - I've updated this event. For more details, see the full listing: http://css.meetup.com/56/calen­dar/5714336/ or read here: Hello Fellow CSS Enthusiasts, This month, A Erica May 24, 2007 12:51 PM
Re: [css-56] NEW: The Houston CSS Meetup Group Mailing List - Preview not available Scott M. S. Apr 12, 2007 12:55 PM
NEW: The Houston CSS Meetup Group Mailing List - Announcing our new mailing list! It's a great new way to talk in between Meetups right from our email. This means we can discuss where to meet, what to talk about and who's bringing what without having to keep checking the Meetup.com website. T Erica Apr 12, 2007 12:32 PM

Our Sponsors

  • CityScope Net

    Become a CityScope Net Affiliate, earn money on client hosting referrals

  • Adobe

    Adobe is sponsoring our webinars by providing a Connect account.

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy