Czech Scala Enthusiasts Message Board › EtNetera job offer

EtNetera job offer

Jakub J.
user 21797391
Prague, CZ
Post #: 1
Are you looking for a job or want some change? EtNetera is looking for Java developers with some Scala experience because they contemplate using it in production and they need somebody to introduce it and help spreading it. It was supposed to be my job ;) but I chose a different path. If you are interested, contact Petr Zatloukal (petr.zatloukal@etnetera.cz) and mention my name.
Vlastimil M.
user 62565882
Prague, CZ
Post #: 1
Hi. I work at Et netera and I'm spearheading Scala adoption among our Java developers. The job Jakub mentioned is mostly about becoming my partner in this effort. We're a very open company (and not only to new technologies) and there are no "bureaucratic" obstacles for Scala adoption. We need to evangelize among our Java developers to gain a critical mass and get things going.

In short - this job is not about starting a new Scala project on the first day. It's mainly about educating people about how great Scala is and how they can use it with/instead of Java. So at the beginning it will be more about talking to people than writing tons of Scala code.

If you want to know some details or have questions, you can contact me (vlastimil.mencik zavinac/at etnetera.cz) directly.