Dallas PHP Message Board › Maintenance of website designed in PHP needed

Maintenance of website designed in PHP needed

Dario C.
user 7268947
Dallas, TX
Post #: 1
Maintenance of website www.crosettofoundation.com designed in PHP needed.

I attended to the January 12, 2010, meeting and made an announcement if someone could help in organizing to setup a Petition ONLINE to collect signatures for February 1st event at CERN - Geneva, Switzerland for a cause of accountability in cancer research. Cancer is affecting over 45% of the world population and a person younger than 75 year of age dies of cancer every five seconds in the world, more than any war or other calamity.

I posted this message in my web site:
"The 38 most industrialized nations have annual cancer costs of $741 billion/year ($750/citizen), and have achieved in return only a 5% reduction in cancer deaths over the past 50 yrs (in comparison, heart disease was reduced by 64% during the same period. Source: The New York Times, April 24, 2009). If you would like to receive a clear answer to where your $750 shared cost is going and you want to know from researchers and decision makers their estimate of a realistic reduction in cancer deaths over the next ten years, please SIGN THE PETITION http://www.gopetition...­ THANK YOU"
I have collected in two days a few signatures on the English website and 40 signatures on the Italian website http://www.gopetition...­.

Here is the sad story: after distributing one page information about this project at the DallasPHP meeting on 01/12/2010 I received an email from Carri Craver saying that she could help with her 1000 facebook contacts. We talked on the phone, she made the price and set it, in fact she the deliverable and I agreed for both asking if I needed to send her a check for an advanced payment or if we could meet either at my place in DeSoto or in some place downtown to better plan the work and I could give her the check in that occasion rather than just speak on the phone. She agreed to meet after four days and to deliver some material before. We had a few phone calls before the meeting when she promised twice to send something via email, but nothing came, she did not show up ad the meeting without canceling it.

I am puzzle at this point why no one picked this opportunity and the one (Carri) who picked delayed my work for five days with no reason. I was hoping to find professional people and good ethics, and receive good advices at DallasPHP meetup, but at this point I question if there is something wrong in not getting the attention, not getting answers and having Carri dropping the job with no notice.

Do you find absurd what I and other co-authors of the 200 words abstract that has been translated in 9 languages are asking? After all we are asking researchers and decision maker in health care to be accountable to avoid continuing spending $741 billion/year with no results in reduction of cancer deaths. I bet that your customer are asking you results for the money they pay you, and you do the same when you go to a store. So, why every one is distant from this? Do you disagree to sign the petition, to share it with your friends, such as facebook friends? It will help if you will let me know what you consider absurd in our request of accountability in cancer research.

I did all what I could in posting the message on my website, in creating two petitions, but now viewers are telling me that they cannot open the letters and documents on my website. i do not know how to fix it, I need some help from a PHP programmer and make sure that all links and all documents in my website are accessible.

Do you know anyone interested in this job of maintenance of my website? thank you for your attention.
best regards,

Dario
jerry l.
webmasterintexas
Plano, TX
Post #: 4
I don't know if you still need a php developer but I am available