East Bay Singles & Social group Message Board › Speed Buddying/ Quick Friending Update
Walnut Creek, CA
FREE QUICK FRIENDING/ SPEED BUDDYING EVENT, AUG. 21 @ OUTPOST SAN RAMON, 7 PM
Thank you for signing up for our first Quick Friending/ Speed Buddying Event @ the Outpost.
GOAL OF THE EVENT: We arranged this event so that our members can meet numerous and various types of people with varied interests in a short period of time. We hope that you will be able to discover members with mutually shared interests, passion, hobbies, and past times so you can identify potential activity partners or friends (e.g. dance partners, tennis partners, cruise roommate, hiking buddy, shopping consultant, camping friend, etc.)
Some of our previous unstructured events like happy hour, dancing, movies, etc. did not allow for focused or targeted exchange of ideas and interests as they were in a fast paced or in a loud or silent setting, so we dreamed up this activity.
Try remembering/ recalling certain aspects of your life so that you can quickly respond to the questions oN YOUR: EATING, WORKING, RELATIONSHIPS, RELAXING, SELFIE.
1. This is a structured event of two separate rounds with two different formats with over 80 people signed up. To minimize chaos and confusion and to ensure a smooth flow and success of the event, we appreciate your respect and cooperation in going with the flow/schedule for the duration of the event.
2. Bring an item or object that represents your passion, interest, hobby, or past time that you can "show and tell" to the other members during the two rounds.
3. Bring a PEN and scratchn paper.
4. Bring some $ for drinks and food. It is important that you have something to drink as you will be talking a lot during the two rounds.
5. Bring your reading glasses so you can read the questions.
6. Bring your Sense of Humor. The Quick Friending/ Speed Buddying event is meant to be a fun lighthearted activity! This is our first event of this type too so your collaboration is very needed! ;-)
7. Please come in earlier before 7 PM tonite if you can so you can have a light bite or drinks and so that we can start timely. I will start at approximately 7:10 PM.
8. Dress comfortably; hopefully with pockets for your pen and reading glasses. ;-)
AGENDA/SCHEDULE of Activities
1. Proceed to Vacant Seat ASAP.
2. Sign-in/Registration and Questions Distribution (you will need your pen and reading glasses)
3. Drinks and Food Order
4. First Round Sharing (First Format; Responses to 3 Questions)
5. Break (10 mins) (for bio, food, drinks)
6. Second Round Sharing (Second Format; Responses to 3 Questions)
7. Contact Request: Return Questions/Contact Paper to Kathy or Kitty at the conclusion of Round 2 before you leave the building.
8. You can continue to visit with members after the structured event if you wish.
Please contact me directly if you have questions, firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you tonight! Thank you for coming.