addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Boardgamers of Dayton (BOD) Message Board › August 21: BOD Meetup Report

August 21: BOD Meetup Report

ReneeA
ReneeA
Group Organizer
Mason, OH
With 19 people playing games, I couldn't keep track of what was happening at all the tables! I know that the games that were played included Seven Wonders, Pandemic, 10 Days in Europe, and I think Wits & Wagers was also played.

My table played my new game, Lords of Waterdeep, a worker placement/resource management game. I had very bad luck in the adventures that were available to me, and got dumped on several times by other players (drat those mandatory quests!), but still managed to take second place to Tyler's huge win.

Other members said:

Jennifer

I brought Alex, Chris and Tom. We all had a great time! Great location and good people!

Patrick Hillier

Really big group - which was great - we need to find a way to get games organized and going. Had fun game of Pandemic - Markus finally has a win under his belt and our new guest Alex was a lot of fun and seemed to catch and enjoy the game.

Steve

I played Lords of Waterdeep. Having not played much dungeons and dragons I was unfamiliar with the characters, but that didn't hinder my ability to play. The game is worker placement style and takes about 3 hours to play. It had a lot of similarities to Stone Age, but with a lot more dynamic elements for where to place a piece that kept my strategy changing. It was clear that playing it more than once helps since Tyler, the only one who had played it before, beat us all quite handily. Overall, I enjoyed this one.O
Kay
user 16791221
Dayton, OH
Post #: 14
My long version... biggrin

Some of us took advantage of having so many folks tonight to do a couple of 7-player games. This included Michael, Rebekah, Carrie, and (forgive me if I mess up the names) Michel, Krista, Fey, and myself. First we played 7 Wonders, a card set collecting game in which the cards, rather than being dealt or picked from a pile, are passed around the table in sets, with each player picking one of each set to use each turn, and passing the rest along. I admit to being a bit on the lost side, but some good potential if you know the rules well and the details of scoring those cards! :-)

Then came the party game Apples to Apples. I thought this was totally entertaining and full of good laughs - the longer it went on, the funnier it became. I think it helps if you're out to just have a good time, make sure you actually talk, and... really, it's a lot more fun if you aren't actually trying to win. ;-) (Rebekah won, by quite a large margin.)

After everyone else had left for the night, Tyler, Ben and myself stayed and played 10 Days in Europe. The goal is to use tiles with countries, planes, and boats, to try to make a route through Europe. Quick to learn and quick to play. We did in fact play 2 games and I'm happy to say I won both. (Although I did almost blow one of those when I got a little too anxious about taking a tile out of turn, letting everyone know exactly what I wanted. confused )