Getting started on the web can be an intimidating process. For the beginner, there are no lack of resources for learning, but that also means that there’s no end to the noise and clutter. Neil Renicker, apprentice at Sparkbox and freelance web developer will talk about becoming a web craftsman - the journey of going from a passive bystander, to an active, passionate, and confident web worker.
This presentation will be geared toward beginner and intermediate web developers, but folks at all levels will find it useful. Neil will cover these things and more:
- Overcoming our fear of learning new technologies
- Becoming a well-rounded, yet finely tuned developer
- Being honest about our (lack of) progress, and asking for help
- Learning things quickly and well
- Saying “no” to make time for the things will actually help you grow
- The importance of side projects
- Developing relationships in the industry
- On being the stupidest person in the room
Come on out - everyone is welcome! Pizza and drinks will be provided.