addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

DC/MD/VA Outdoor Adventure Club Message Board › Finally A New Meeting: A Day Trip Whitewater Tubing in Harper's Ferry

Finally A New Meeting: A Day Trip Whitewater Tubing in Harper's Ferry

A former member
Announcing a new meeting for DC/MD/VA Outdoor Adventure Group! (FINALLY!!!!)

What: A Day Trip Whitewater Tubing in Harper's Ferry

When: Sunday, May 18, 11:00 AM

Meeting fee: Only $45.00 per person (includes the upgraded tubes, roundtrip transportation, whitewater adventure and more)

Where: Click here to find out!

Who should come: Those of you that want to get this group up and going, those of you that want to spend a Sunday on the water, and those of you that want to just get OUT!

Meeting Description: Let's get on a bus and head out to Harper's Ferry for some fun in the sun!

I negotiated a good rate for our group and I am pretty excited about it!

The school bus will pick us up in the North Parking area near Kiss-N-Ride at the Vienna Metro Station. (there is plenty of free parking there for the non-metro folks) For those of you who are directionally challenged NORTH is to the LEFT when you are getting off the escalators inside the metro station

Cost: Only $45 and includes the upgraded PVC (vinyl) GOOD tubes, life vests, "cooler tubes", and roundtrip transportation.
Bring Your Own: Coolers, lunches, towels, sunscreen, etc. (note: the bus is BYOB)
What to wear: swimsuits or anything you don't mind getting wet!

Estimated Itinerary....

11:00 am - check in at the bus and we head to Harpers Ferry (no "Wheels on the Bus" songs allowed!)
11:15 am - bus departs (ALL ABOARD!!!)
12:45 pm - arrive at Tubing location, check in and head to the water
1:15 pm - we should be IN the water (the length of time we spend on the water depends on if we stop for swimming or lunch, etc.)
4:00 pm - out of the water and heading back homeward bound...
5:30 pm - back at Vienna metro

Dinner?...following our arrival back at Vienna, we can head to grab some dinner or go about our business, totally optional -- let's just play it by ear!

About the water...

The Whitewater trip passes by the historic town of Harpers Ferry, West Virginia where Maryland, Virginia, and West Virginia come together. Enjoy the beauty of the Harpers Ferry water gap and Maryland and Loudon Heights while enjoying the exciting class I-III whitewater on the Potomac River (depending on water levels). The trip lasts 1-3 hours (about 2 hours on average).

Transportation options:
We have the possibility of adding an ADDITIONAL pick-up spot at no extra charge so if there are a lot of us who live in another area (ie. Ashburn, Haymarket, etc.) we can add another stop there, so just e-mail me and if we have enough response we will add another stop, cool???

Also, E-Mail me if you live out that way and want to just meet us there, there is limited parking available on site.

Payment - I will e-mail you a link to pay in advance once you RSVP to make it easier, or you can pay cash when you board the bus.

Learn more here:
http://adventurers.me...­