addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The DC Burning Man Meetup Group Message Board › Hexayurt Workshop - date change and venue announced

Hexayurt Workshop - date change and venue announced

Wolf
user 11833211
Washington, DC
Hello Burner,

I'm sending out this update to everyone who had signed up for the "Hexayurt Construction Workshop" since it was announced in September thru today.   The original posting was to gauge interest while I (a) recovered from an injury sustained at Burning Man and (b) located a suitable venue.  I am happy to say that BOTH have been accomplished!

The new date is Saturday April 20th and the venue will be in Glenmont, Maryland. It is not far from a Metro station.  Ample free parking is available on-site.

In order to change the date and apply the workshop fee of $10, I had to cancel the previous listing and start a new one.  You may (or may not) receive a cancellation notice in a few minutes -- this was only to cancel the old Meetup listing!  The workshop is proceeding!!!!

New Meetup RSVP and full details here:

http://www.meetup.com...­

Please go to the link above and sign up for the workshop.   To clarify: YES, you need to sign up again and remit the workshop fee. Sorry for the extra steps but there was no other option.

Why a workshop fee? I am buying REAL foam board, bidirectional ("bidi") tape, foil tape and some tools for every attendee to make a model and to practice skills.  The bidi and foil tape are not cheap, and foam board isn't free.  Thus, I have to ask for a workshop fee.  If you are under financial hardship but still want to attend, contact me and we'll work something out.

This workshop will be a lot of fun!  Please join us!

--Wolf