DCeers - DC ExpressionEngine Meetup Message Board › Idea for an big meetup/workshop/conference

Idea for an big meetup/workshop/conference

A former member
Hello DC ExpressionEngine users,

In planning for the 2012 meetups for the group I had an idea to do one big event instead of planning four small events spread throughout the year.

What I had envisioned was something just shy of a formal conference, but still had a track for people who were new to EE that was more tutorial based and a track of more advanced topics for the non-newbies that was more presentation/lecture based.

Of course there are some things to think through and work out with this, but if you think this might be a good idea please let me know. Also, if you would rather just continue with doing a small meetup every few months, let us know that as well.

Thanks,

Zac

ps - I have this setup so that your responses will only come to me and not the whole group, so don't worry about spanning the entire group ;)
Jeremy C.
user 34915872
Harrisonburg, VA
Post #: 1
I'd be very interested in this! Maybe do it early in the year since EECI is in November.
A former member
Post #: 4
Good call Jeremy on having it earlier in the year.
Trevor D.
user 12471632
Mount Pleasant, SC
Post #: 1
I think I could go either way.

On one hand, I really enjoyed going to EECI. On the other hand, I've enjoyed the variety of discussions we have had in our smaller meetups, and it gives us an opportunity about to talk about new stuff that crops up throughout the year.

A larger event like this is a much more significant commitment, from both speakers and attendees (even though we are saying it would be just shy of a formal conference), and it may be really difficult to put together.