Washington DC Mountain Bike Meetup Message Board General Discussion › The light everyone is asking about

The light everyone is asking about

Faith
user 5338836
Sykesville, MD
Post #: 7
http://www.amazon.com...­

This one. Available from a bunch of sellers on Amazon, but this is the one I ordered from, and it came in a nice box (which seemed to impress the people who received theirs in a plain ol' plastic bag.)
Peter A
user 9459856
Ellicott City, MD
Post #: 8
I didn't ask about it, and I'm someone :(
A former member
Post #: 16
Hey there,

I got my lights from eBay. The seller is named eshop-best. Here's a link:

http://www.ebay.com/i...­

I learned about this guy from the feedback and reviews on Amazon. The price is a little higher than some. I've heard all about the variations people are getting from different sellers, and I tried to find the one I thought would be the best bang for the buck. I ordered two; one for the bars, and the other for my helmet. Here's a little write-up.

Let's start with the boxes. They're nice paper boxes with foam inserts to keep things in check during shipping.

So far, so good.

One of the things I read about some of the lights people are getting is that the battery pack isn't waterproofed, which with mountain-biking is a must. These come with a rubber-sealed setup, and it's very nice, indeed.

I dig it. I won't worry about issues with water getting all up in that zone, yo.
My little lights have a color-coded power button. It glows green when your battery power is good, and something else, presumably, when it isn't. I'll let ya know.

They come with the mounts that I think all of them come with...I'm not sure yet how to set this stuff up.

Also included are these o-rings, which I imagine are used to seal the lens to the light body, rendering it water resistant:

Anyone got some help for me with this one? I've tried stuffing the rust-colored joint in between the lens and the body and trying to screw it back on, but it's too tight.

Also, the battery pack comes with twin velcro straps. Reports on single strap versions abound. If you stick the pack in your camelbak, no sweat. If you strap it to your frame, this may be important.

If you can believe it...there's more! The lights came with a really nice piece of folded paper containing both the "Product Manual Instruction" and also the Warranty. These are extremely well-written and informative:

It's worth noting that the manual states that the light can be turned off by holding the button for 3 seconds. NOPE. But you just toggle through the various light settings until it turns off. No biggie.

So, if you order from the above link, hopefully you'll get something like I got. Hope this helps.
Kem C.
kemc2k6
Washington, DC
Post #: 39
Nice write up. I have a similar light like that. I also just bought this one (Link), that is for anyone looking for more light. It's very bright and slightly bigger, and you can choose to use 1, 2, or 3 LEDS at a time. The dispersion is better too. I would probably use this one as a handlebar light. The packaging isn't as great, just a cardboard box with all the stuff, and it took 2 weeks for delivery. You can't beat the price though.