olli t.
user 30664512
Washington, DC
Post #: 4
As a follow up to our meetup on Lightroom here are a few suggested resources for further learning. There are plenty out there but these are the ones I personally have made use of.

First, Adobe's own website has a good section on LR which includes video tutorials from Adobe TV.

For books, if you are looking for an encyclopedic guide to LR the best one is The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 Book by Martin Evening. David DuChemin's book Vision and Voice takes a photographers look at LR. As well as some discussion of LR functions DuChemin selects twenty of his own images and shows how he processed them using LR. Jeff Schewe's book, The Digital Negative, is also very useful. It's not as comprehensive as Evening's book but. like Evening, Schewe has worked closely with Adobe on the development of LR and there are some very interesting insights into the rationale behind LR in this book. Schewe also provides downloadable files from the accompanying website so you can work through them with him.

All of these books retail from $25-30 if you shop around and, of course, you could get any of them through your local library.

I also use a series of videos produced by Jeff Schewe and Michael Reichmann. There are around 10 hours of video lessons on all aspects of LR. The video tutorial, Introduction and Advanced Guide to Lightroom 4 costs $60, or if you already have some familiarity with LR the Advanced Guide alone cost $50. You can find out more at Luminous Landscape.

Finally, if I may, Iwill link to my own website and blog. These are not learning resources but all the images have been processed in Lightroom, to a greater (website) or lesser (blog) degree so they provide some idea of what I produce using Lightroom.

Hope this is of some help. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.