The next NYC Debate meetup is scheduled for Sunday the 18th at 2:00PM.
We?ll be in the Sony Public Atrium on the 1st floor.
All are welcome to join in. Seats can be reserved on the meetup page.http://debateclub.meetup.com/6/
Newcomers are welcome to join. We meet at a table in the Sony Public Atrium on Madison between 55th & 56th Street on the first floor. We'll have a sign on the table so you can find us. I hope you found the topic and activity fun and meaningful.
Here's what you can expect:
* We'll start out with introductions so we can learn a little about each other
* A little ice breaking
* Overview of how to debate
* Overview of Topic ? President will brief you on his choice, but if you want, you can suggest your own topic.
We choose a topic accessible to everyone!
* Choosing teams and sides - I encourage you to choose a side that you don't believe in to make it more fun, but your choice!
* Debate starts! - Each person speaks for a few minutes introducing their ideas and countering the other team's ideas. We'll pause in between each person so you can discuss ideas with your team.
* Final Discussion - we'll talk about what we liked and didn't like in the debate, and have a chance to say anything we didn't bring up at the time
Hope to see you there! Please RSVP now!
If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to let me know.