Tools for Decluttering, Personal Change & Goal Attainment Message Board Organizing Resources › - a new, local One-Stop Shop for lending, selling, and giving st - a new, local One-Stop Shop for lending, selling, and giving stuff away !

Cambridge, MA
Post #: 107
Just learned about this new website to help folks keep a record of their stuff-- and move it online by selling, giving away, or lending ... check it out:

Store and share your things Digitally!

Bring your physical things onto the web! Great for getting a handle on what you have and sharing the stories of your stuff with other people.

Also mark your things to lend, sell, or give to people in your community.

They have no official criteria for what can be posted, so any and all stuff (except illegal/controlled items) is welcomed ... and your stuff has no expiration date on hasthat, unlike craigslist and ebay!

Information you post is the following:

Add a new thing:

Name: What do you you call it?

Tell us about it:
When did you get it? What does it mean to you?

Location (example: boston, ma)

Photo (You can add more photos later)

___ For sale
If you are interested in selling this thing at some point

___ To lend
If you are interested in lending this thing at some point

___ For free
If you are interested in giving this away at some point

Eliot Kristan, who created, wrote this about his new site:

I have been wondering if there might be a better way to help both people in the community looking for these kinds of things as well as owners looking to find good homes for their things and maybe hasthat can help.

The site acts as a repository for the physical things that you have. I created it in part to help me get a handle on my own stuff and store the stories of those things but also to try and distribute stuff more effectively than places like craigslist and ebay to people that might have a need for them. Whether it's selling, lending, or giving away those things.

For instance, on my end, I've been holding on to a bunch of monitoring electrodes (­) that I got for a project more than a year ago that I no longer have a need for. craigslist doesn't really make sense since those posts expire and I don't have an immediate need to get rid of them, but maybe by having them up on the site someone in a similar position as I was before I got them would be able to find them and put them to good use.

I'm just getting going on the site so functionality is limited, but a short-term goal is to add a filtering layer that could be more useful for a community like sprout. You'd be able to create a group and tag things to a particular community or area of interest, which could then be explored and followed by other people in the community. Sort of like a distributed storage unit!

I'd be very interested to hear if you think this might be useful (or if you think it wouldn't be!) as well as any suggestions and questions.

...If you need a hand photographing items, uploading photos, and posting on a website, try first to find a friend or family member who has such experience ... if none, then perhaps a member(s) of our Meetup group can help to hurdle that barrier; perhaps we can hold a meeting at each interested person's home, to help put their stuff online to move it to a good home (if they choose that route rather than just getting it out the door)?

And- interesting news: sprout & co. (339R Summer Street, near Davis Square in Somerville) - through which I learned of - might consider hosting our Meetup group (at least once?) in their lab space! sprout seems very neat ... take a look for yourself:­­