The Denver Metro Integral Society Message Board › letter to Congress

letter to Congress

A former member
Post #: 9
Hi all,

here's the draft of what I am going to send. I need to make some modifications for CO Senators.

mck

Dear Representative Lamborn,

I read your statement on voting "No" on HR 1. dated 01/28/2009 with interest. Thank you for explaining your position. You make a lot of blaming and anti-Democrat statements. I sincerely hope it is not simply a Republican vs. Democrat stance you are taking. One that is taking the form of tax cuts (Republican) vs. long tern spending (Democrat). This is absolutely not the time to keep playing party games.

I agree with you that:

"We are facing economic difficulties and we need wise and responsible action"

My question to you is what is your solution? What makes H.R. 470, The Economic Recovery and Middle-Class Tax Relief Act, you sponsored so different that you are not willing to work within the framework of HR 1? The tax cut approach of former President Bush during his tenure has not worked. You say "After ineffectively throwing money at the problem, it is time for a new approach. It is time truly invest in projects which will stimulate our economy." Your proposal seems more of the same.

Colorado has been experiencing high rates of foreclosures in the past years, and now unemployment is at an all time high. We can't afford to continue along the path we are on. Your statement is full of finger-pointing and partisan politics. It seems to me that both parties need to remove their blinders and work together in a TRANSPARTISAN way.

Transpartisanship has been explained to me as "acknowledges the validity of truths across a range of political perspectives and seeks to synthesize them into an inclusive, pragmatic container beyond typical political dualities. In practice, transpartisan solutions emerge out of a new kind of public conversation that moves beyond polarization by applying proven methods of facilitated dialogue, deliberation and conflict resolution. In this way it is possible to achieve the ideal of a democratic republic by integrating the values of a democracy -- freedom, equality, and a regard for the common good, with the values of a republic."

This is what I sent my representatives to Congress to do. To use their intellect, wisdom and knowledge to come up with a board approach that takes what is need regardless of the party affiliation of the proponents.

Sincerely,
Barbara Sielaff