Design Day Message Board › Meetup details changed: Meetup for Bangalore's designers

Meetup details changed: Meetup for Bangalore's designers

Kavita
user 3401490
New York, NY
I've updated this Meetup. For more details, see the full listing:
http://www.meetup.com/Bangalore-Designers/events/70796372/­

When: Saturday, August 11, 2012 5:00 PM

Where: Centre for Internet and Society
No. 194, Second 'C' Cross, Domlur, 2nd Stage, Bangalore - 560071, Karnataka, India
Bangalore

This August 11th 2012 meetup will focus on “The Genius of Design” as a means to kickstart a new series of Design related discussions on the nature of design, the number of design disciplines that exist and how we can derive meaning from age-old best practices. We will be showing a video (produced and directed by the BBC) followed by a 1.5 hr JAM session where we will reflect on a framework for “Design Thinking” and “Ideation”.

Excerpts from Dieter Rams’ 10 principles of Design and J Mays’ Ford Motors’ Glob

al head of Design will be presented, as well as the work of anonymous designers responsible for prosaic, yet classic designs. 
The purpose of this meetup will be to explore the greater World of Design and how it influences us to create innovative products and immersive user experiences. 

We will start at 5pm sharp as the Video will be screened first, followed by a brief 5 minute breakout session, concluding with the JAM. 
The Centre for Internet and Society (CIS) is located right next to the Domlur Club and the TERI complex – for more information on the venue please see their website at: www.cis-india.org­. If you have any trouble locating the Centre for Internet and Society, please call me on my cell at 9686622681 so I can give you proper directions.

This Meetup repeats on the 1st Saturday of every month.

If the changes affect your plans to attend, please take a moment to update your RSVP. (You can RSVP "No" or "Yes".)

You can always get in touch with me through my group profile on Meetup.