TODAY! WED, JAN 16,'08, National Call-In Day Call in day for IMPEACHMENT [masked] *
Wednesday, January 16, 2008 12:12 PM
From: BARBARA COMMINGS
Subject: Today is the Call in day for IMPEACHMENT [masked]
Today is the day to call the switchboard and ask for you own congressman or any judiciary member.
I have been watching cspan all morning as congress reconvenes. The rethuglicans are as hatefilled and mean spirited as ever. Even now, on the way out, there is no spirit of contriteness or or accepting responsibility for anything. Most of them used their time to trash the democrats, (who, themselves are an embarassment) decry the waste of time on investigations of things past, hearings, contempt charges, missing emails, why pshaw, that's not what AMERICANS care about. The dems have brought down congressional approval to 11% and have done so because they refuse to PLAY FAIR with republicans.
I loathe, despise and revile these people. Don't anyone give me a lecture on being the peace you want! Please, save your breath. These reprobates should face the full wrath of the AMERICAN people. The death and destruction they have brought to the world, the complete disregard for the nation they were elected to protect and defend, are enough to banish them from civil society for the rest of t heir natural lives.
They don't want reconcilliation or peace and if given an olive branch they will figure out a way to destroy you with it. So please, do not talk to me of your peaceful notions, a formula for disaster.
Cspan will carry Wexler live from 5-7 pm tonight.
Wednesday, January 16, 2008, National Call-In Day
Submitted by davidswanson on Sun,[masked]:27. Activism | Congress |
Impeachment | Nonviolent Resistance
Congressman Robert Wexler is organizing his colleagues to ask House Judiciary Committee Chairman John Conyers to begin Cheney impeachment hearings. Wexler is asking his fellow Judiciary Committee Members to co-sign a letter to Conyers. We support Wexler in this, and we are also asking congress members not on the committee to send their own letters to Conyers. Please Email your Congress Member here: http://www.democrats.com/peoplesemailnetwork/125
Then please call the Capitol Hill Switchboard: (202) 224-3121. They can tell you who your Congress Member is if you don't know, and they can connect you to their office. Ask your representative to urge Chairman Conyers to begin impeachment hearings against Dick Cheney. This is especially important if your representative is a member of the Judiciary Committee. Once you've sent your Email and made your phone call, please urge everyone you know to do the same. If you have further time to help advance impeachment, please call and Email the media.
54% of Americans want Cheney impeached, as do 64% of Vermonters.
Congressman Dennis Kucinich was the first member of Congress to lead the way in April 2007. H. Res. 333, Articles of Impeachment Against Dick Cheney (reintroduced on Nov. 6, 2007, as H Res 799), is sponsored by the following Members of Congress: Jan Schakowsky, Maxine Waters, Hank Johnson, Keith Ellison, Lynn Woolsey, Barbara Lee, Albert Wynn, William Lacy Clay, Dennis Kucinich, Yvette Clarke, Jim McDermott, Jim Moran, Bob Filner, Sam Farr, Robert Brady, Tammy Baldwin, Donald Payne, Steve Cohen, Sheila Jackson Lee, Carolyn Kilpatrick, Ed Towns, Diane Watson, Danny Davis, Raul Grijalva, Gwen Moore. Please thank them and encourage them to whip their colleagues.
Robert Wexler, Tammy Baldwin, and Luis Gutierrez are urging the initiation of hearings and are joined in this by Anthony Weiner. Mike Michaud has written to Chairman Conyers calling for Cheney impeachment hearings. Tim Mahoney is open to the idea of impeachment hearings.
What are the charges against Vice President Cheney? Here they are.
What can you do?
1. Email Congress, send a letter, send a postcard, lobby in person, honk to impeach, sit in.
2. Sign Congressman Wexler's petition. And spread the word with this flyer.
3. Help lobby members of the House Judiciary Committee and Speaker Nancy Pelosi. Contact contributors to House Judiciary Committee members.
4. Contact the media.
5. Contact the pollsters.
Grassroots Impeachment Activists Are Making a Difference
* John Nirenberg, a retired college professor, has completed a 40-day march from Boston to Washington D.C., where he will ask Speaker Nancy Pelosi to begin impeachment hearings. He's garnered a great deal of media attention along the way and has planned a press conference for noon on January 16th on the Cannon House Office Building Terrace. Watch the end of the march: http://afterdowningstreet.org/node/30080
* Citizens with "Impeach" on their shirts ordered not to view the U.S. Constitution at the National Archives: http://afterdowningstreet.org/node/30068
* Lois Capp's constituents baked her an impeachment pie: http://afterdowningstreet.org/node/30079
* New Hampshire Democratic Party event explodes when Kucinich says the word "Impeach" - http://afterdowningstreet.org/node/30065
* Big name impeachment debate shakes up North Carolina: http://afterdowningstreet.org/node/30058
* Veterans for Peace bring impeachment to Rep. Pete Visclosky's (D-IN) Town Hall Meetings: http://afterdowningstreet.org/node/30051
* Yet another ACLU chapter backs impeachment: http://afterdowningstreet.org/aclu
* Cindy Sheehan to deliver huge stack of pro-impeachment letters to Speaker Nancy Pelosi: http://afterdowningstreet.org/node/29986
* Subcommittee on the Constitution Chairman Jerrold Nadler's constituents repeatedly protest in his office and go to jail asking for impeachment hearings: http://afterdowningstreet.org/node/29969 and http://afterdowningstreet.org/node/29809
* First newspaper editorializes for Cheney impeachment: http://afterdowningstreet.org/node/29955
* Viggo Mortensen, John Kaminski, Dennis Kucinich, John Nichols, and David Swanson speak at New Hampshire forum for impeachment. Video: http://afterdowningstreet.org/node/29968
* The Washington and New Hampshire state legislatures are taking up impeachment resolutions this month. The first hearing in Olympia is scheduled for January 17th. Here are details on Washington and New Hampshire, plus the list of resolutions already passed around the country:
http://afterdowningstreet.org/wa and http://afterdowningstreet.org/nh and http://impeachpac.org/resolutions-list
* Maine impeachment activism leads conservative Democratic congress member Mike Michaud to ask Conyers to begin Cheney impeachment hearings: http://afterdowningstreet.org/me
Boycott General Electric
General Electric corporate family member NBC has rewritten its criteria for including candidates in debates specifically to exclude a real peace candidate, Dennis Kucinich. GE is a major weapons manufacturer.
Less than 44 hours after NBC sent a congratulatory note and an invitation to Ohio Congressman Dennis Kucinich to participate in the Jan. 15 Democratic Presidential debate in Las Vegas, the network notified the campaign that it was changing it announced criteria, rescinding its invitation, and excluding Kucinich from the debate.
Contact your congress member and your local media.
Tell GE you will boycott its products and why.
Staying informed has become -- for so many of us -- a moral obligation that feels like hell.
ARREST BUSH shirts at