addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The San Diego Democracy for America Meetup Group Message Board › 88 out of 435 with "balls"; 20% isn't a bad start

88 out of 435 with "balls"; 20% isn't a bad start

A former member
Post #: 28
Dear Readers,

These Are The Crimes That Try Men's Souls!!!

Eighty-eight members of Congress have signed a letter asking the president to confirm or deny the Downing Street Memo. It might not be a bad idea to read the letter and find out who the 88 are. It was published on TomPaine.com Here's the URL:

http://tompaine.com/u...­

biggrin

Don Hess
A former member
Post #: 106
HI Don; thanks for the posting. I've written a 'letter to the editor' of the U-T deploring it's coverage of this issue(all they had was the AP feed that left out the most important part(that intelligence was being fixed around policy).
I also written Rep.Conyers thanking him for instigating this....however,when someone has a history of lying to you do you really expect them to be honest when it comes to something like this?
Also note that the 'esteemed' Susan Davis HAS NOT signed this; given that it has affected her constituency so much, got to wonder about her.
And also wonder why ALL the Democrats-especially Pelosi,et al, haven't signed it. Or for that matter Ron Paul of Texas. Or why a Senator-like Kennedy- hasn't also gotten such a letter together.angry
A former member
Post #: 115
just had Thomas Mann of the Brookings Institute tell me via 'Viewpoint with James Zogby' on LinkTv that the reason the mainstream media are not publicizing John Conyers' petition to have Bush address the British memo is that 'they feel they covered all this back in 2003'.
I wasn't aware Rep. Conyers had a petition back in 2003 but.....
So I guess that's the answer to the question:" What would they say if the media dared to tell them the truth about how it all happened? "
I suspect that both Danny Schechter and Bob McPherson would have a different answer.

It is disturbing however that such a 'respected' member of the Brookings Institute would sidestep the question and offer a defense of mainstream media.

angry