Announcing a new Meetup for DFW ADVENTURERS ~ Get braver friends! FREE MEMBERSHIP NOW!!
What: Scavenger Hunt meets Amazing Race
When: October 17,[masked]:00 AM
Where: (A location has not been chosen yet.)
I'm going to run a Scavenger Hunt for the group. I ran one last year and ALMOST forgot to do it again this year but Dee Dee reminded me how much fun a lot of you had doing it last year so... I'm doing it again.
This time is a wee bit different though and there will be more doing than finding as we all know how the Internet is used to CHEAT to find stuff now that we have had one of these. We are still going to do this in teams but the prize money will be divided between the over 30 team and the under 30 team. This means there will be TWO first place winners depending on what age you are. Yes I will be asking for your drivers licenses to see what group you fall under and I will be recording this at the beginning of the hunt.
Now for the rules:
1) You have to submit $5 per person on your team. You may have up to three people on your team.
2) You must bring a fully charged digital camera to take pictures of what you are told to find or do.
3) You must bring a cell phone and give your number to me so that I can call you for clues.
4) The list will be different for age group A than for age group B.
5) If you were born before 1979 you are in group A. If you were born in 1979 or later then you are in group B.
6) The race will begin at 9am sharp. If you are late you start the race late.
7) This is a timed race that will end at the finish line at 11am.
8) The list of things that you need to do or find will be given to you at the beginning of the race after you have given me your $5 and your phone number to contact your team.
9) I will send three text messages to give you clues on where the finish line will be.
10) At 11am I will send a message to all teams to give you the answer on where the finish line is.
11) The first teams to reach the finish line of each group will receive 10 extra points on their score for the prize money.
12) The prize money will be made up of the entry fee of all you participants :)
13) You will provide me with your camera at the end of the race so that I can give you points for your performance of doing what is on the list.
Now for the big question. How many of you are interested in doing this? I'm going to post it on the calendar. If I don't get at least 10 people to make up the teams it won't be worth anyone's effort in my opinion so I wait for your responses. :)
Learn more here:http://www.meetup.com/getbraverfriends/calendar/11535575/