Singapore Digital Photography Meetup Group Message Board › The passing of Gary Ong (GaryO) - one of our organizers

The passing of Gary Ong (GaryO) - one of our organizers

Chris N.
neech7
Renton, WA
Dear all,

I just want to inform everyone that Gary Ong (GaryO), one of this meetup group's organizers, has passed on due to illness. Gary was a wonderful guy who brought laughter to everyone he met. He will be greatly missed.

If you would like to leave a message for Gary's family, he has a Facebook account at: https://www.facebook....­

Regards,

Chris Nee

SDPMG Organizer

ElizaMj
user 8185895
Singapore, SG
Post #: 4
Thanks, Chris, for posting this.
---
Dear all,

Thanks everyone for having joined some of the events he organized. For those who didn't know... he had been undergoing chemo treatments during those periods for stomach cancer. He had a peaceful eternal rest at 1702 surrounded by loving family and close friends. He will be remembered by many.

The first time he organized a meetup with the group was during the National Day 2011 fireworks. The last time he joined us, as organized by Chris, was the Arab St (Feb '12) when he had already lost a lot of weight.

During these trips, some still kept in touch... some became good friends.

I only have few photos of him to share and have remembered that there are more group photos or snapshots with him during the photo trips.

Daniel, his brother-in-law is collecting some photos from friends.

Having checked some events in the past... I've seen some photos such as follows:

1. National Day 2011 led by GaryO - snapshots by Calvin. I'll be sending his own snapshot with the group.
2. Lantern Festival at the Chinese Garden in Aug 2011 led by GaryO. Snapshots made by Calvin and Marie.
3. Arab St. photowalk on Feb 2012 led by Chris. Snapshots made by Tanmoy Das and Calvin.

For the names mentioned, can you please let me know if it's OK or not to copy your photos and send to the family. Please e-mail me at: fj.0511@yahoo.com.au

Please bear with me for delayed replies as I'll be flying off to China at 10am this morning for an 8day photo trip. I'll be meeting the family again the next day I arrive Singapore.

For those who have other photos to share, please feel free to send to me as well at the same e-mail: fj.0511@yahoo.com.au

Thank you all in advance,
Flor (a.k.a. ElizaMj)
A former member
Post #: 39
Thank you Chris for informing.
I've just came back from his funeral to give my condolence.
His funeral is stated below:

From now till 6th Nov 12noon.

ADDRESS:
Block 589A, Montreal Drive
Singapore 751589
(Sembawang)

SEND OFF:
Tuesday
12 Noon
Cortege leaves Montreal Drive for Mandai Crematorium
ElizaMj
user 8185895
Singapore, SG
Post #: 5
Thanks, everyone, for your time reading through these message board.

I came back from China yesterday... and had dinner with Gary's family earlier.

They want to express their gratitude to the group especially to those who posted in Gary's wall... for the tributes made & photos shared. They remembered those who also came by to visit for the wake... they remembered Calvin, Regina and Olivia. Thanks also to Chris Nee for your tributes... I know if you're here in SG, you would have visited as well.

If you're following Gary's FB page (or his relatives')... a video tribute of Gary will be played during the live song performance of Dawn Wong this coming Saturday. This will be performed at the In Her Shoes concert (Sat 17 Nov, event start at 7:30pm, @ SMU Green). Gary was a volunteer photographer for IHS' publicity shots (2011-2012). So, if you happen to be there at the concert, don't miss this one. I'll have to make sure I record this part. :-)

Thanks all,
Flor (a.k.a. ElizaMj)
ElizaMj
user 8185895
Singapore, SG
Post #: 6
Hopefully, this would be my last update on the matter.

Just sharing one of the links containing a video uploaded for Gary's tribute during the In Her Shoes 2012 concert: http://www.youtube.co...­

And hoping for everyone to make a difference where you are passionate about! Have a great week ahead!

Cheers,
Flor (a.k.a. ElizaMj)