A former member
Hello fellow Ethnic Dining Enthusiasts!
After careful consideration about how to handle people who RSVP for an event but then do not show up, I have decided to change the way it was being handled. Members will no longer be "branded" with a No Show title that everyone can see. This is supposed to be a fun group and it should stay that way.
With that said, I will be keeping track myself. It would be in everyone's best interest to continue to be polite and respectful when entering your RSVP. Keep in mind that we have to call restaurants ahead of time so they can set a table aside for a large group. Also, the events fill up quite quickly and there are other people who could take your spot if you cannot attend. I am not trying to be rude but it comes down to all of us using a little common courtesy.
I understand that sometimes things come up that cannot be avoided and therefore, you are not able to make it to an event at the last second. I am not worried about people where this happens once in a while. Life happens. I understand that. But I don't want the same people who continue to RSVP for events and prevent other people from attending to be allowed to continue doing that time after time. In essence, I am trying to keep this whole thing fun and enjoyable for everyone.
Thanks,
Kelly