addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The San Francisco and Bay Area Dungeons & Dragons Meetup Message Board Groups, DM, and players › I have been considering starting a new game group.

I have been considering starting a new game group.

A former member
Post #: 60
COASTAL DUNGEONS & DRAGONS & RPG GAME PLAYERS

I have been considering starting a new game group. in the San Bruno/S.F/San Mateo/Coastal Peninsula area. <outside of my awesome Friday night group> that would meet most every other Sunday for Marathon style game play. First meeting would be at a Starbucks or Roundtable.

I would like the group to be no more than 11 people <10 PCs and 1 GM/DM> As i said we would meet every other Sunday <all day>, around 1 or 2 until 9 or 10ish. Everyone would bring snacks to share and/or pot luck style meals or everyone can chip in and order out for pizza.

GM/DM's would alternate <setting up a schedule in advance to avoid confusion> so that everyone has a chance to play and gain experience as a GM/DM. A Scribe/Historian, working with the GM/DM would be needed to record and post game activity/results/progress/mild stones/XPs/Loot/ on the Google Group <TBS> and minor role play could be done via email/online/chat/skipe when appropriate.

It would be casual, so no game lawyers, debtors, argumentative or rule fanatical people allowed. So far i have found that if we play by the honor code, staying flexible and adaptable. Everyone has a good time. <the GM/DM has the last and final decisions in all questions/actions/changes/ regarding the character /game/module payed, whether in book or not. for instance NPCs are usually played by the GM/DM. however, to lighten the work load for the GM/DM I would recomend NPCs related/connected to the PCs such at familiars, apprentices, servants, be played by the PCs.<Information to follow> The DM/GM has enough to do with set up/playing combatant/enemies/friendlies/and more NPCs.

The more creative you are with your character development the better. and the more fun in the game. Create family and lineages, back stories, histories, homelands and kingdoms, even give them vices. Tell us who you are and how you came to be and why you choose your path. Find Pictures to represent yourself: Portrait, Family Crest, Class Banner, School insignia, Homeland, Home, Print it all up and put in a binder along with you character sheet, and player, abilities, spells, feats, weapons, equipment cards or sheets. and if you like completely become you character for the day design make=up, hairstyle, and costume and come play in it.

I am leaning towards D&D 4 / 3.5 and pathfinder <as i have more experences playing the sword and magic style games> but would consider other universes Let me know if your interested
­
WHO'S IN FOR SOME FUN