addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Austin D&D and Tabletop RPG Meetup Message Board Forming a Group (GMs/DMs/Players) › New 4th Edition Game!

New 4th Edition Game!

James H.
MightyDuck836
Austin, TX
Post #: 42
I originally intended to write up some long and possibly funny intro, but I decided I'd just post the general template. I'll answer whatever questions you might have here.

1) Game System

D&D

2) Version
4th Edition

3) Location (Generally)
Mothership Games unless another venue is avaliable. The tables at Mothership are first come, first serve. Their Tuesdays are a little crowded though.

4) Duration of the Event (if known)
As long as I can keep running it without my schoolwork suffering.

5) Expectations (we all have biases - make your expectations public rather than surprise people contacting you).

I can't deliver a Shakespearean play for the players to play through. What I will try to deliver is a coherent and interesting story with plenty of chances to both roleplay and hit things with pointy objects, often in interesting scenarios. The best analogy I can think of is an action movie. There will be plots, plans, possibly betrayals, and set pieces that will hopefully make you involved in the game. I am not an able enough DM to have you leave the table pondering deep questions about the morality of shapeshifting someone into a llama but my goal is to have you walk away and say, "That was fun."

As for my players, I'm pretty easygoing as long as you don't derail the game for the rest of the party. If you're fighting goblins in the wine cellar of an inn, don't ask me if you can set the booze on fire every single turn. Otherwise, ask questions and get creative and I'll probably work out a way to make it happen.

6) Date
Monday or Tuesday afternoon/evenings. Whichever works for the players.

7) Times
Again dependant on the players, within reason.

8) Materials Needed (that the player needs to supply)

The usual. Dice bag, if you have your own minis feel free to bring them (I don't have many). Character sheets, all the usual things. I can provide materials within reason.
Andy
user 10011832
Austin, TX
Post #: 13
I'm there. Prefer Mondays after 4 or so, but can probably make Tues work.

I can vouch for James. He's a fun and creative DM and an all-around good guy.
James H.
MightyDuck836
Austin, TX
Post #: 43
Just a quick bump to say that this hasn't filled up yet.
Maximilian
user 8619630
Austin, TX
Post #: 219
I've been looking for a 4e game since I moved here.

I get the most enjoyment out of roleplaying an interesting character who works well within the group. I love teamwork.

I have lots of 4e experience as I ran games for Living Forgotten Realms for about a year, but that was about 3 years ago, so I'm not up-to-date, but I don't think that matters. I saw a LOT of published material.

Also, if Mothership is crowded, or we get more players from central or south Austin, I can offer a table and chairs at my place in north Austin off Lamar and Airport.

Let me know!
James H.
MightyDuck836
Austin, TX
Post #: 44
Well, you make two players out of four to six, so I'll keep you updated. If you know anyone else who would be interested, send them my way. With Christmas coming up, its safe to assume we wont be starting until after the week of the 23rd.
Marc
user 8031424
Austin, TX
Post #: 1
Hi,

New to Austin and also looking for a 4e game. I don't have any of my stuff with me.

Weeknights probably need to be after 6-7 for me.

Regards,
Marc