Drinking With Strangers * San Diego Message Board › Cheap Booze cures a Turkey Hangover

Cheap Booze cures a Turkey Hangover

Kitty M.
KittyMartini
Group Organizer
Pasadena, CA
Hey Strangers!
I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving! Whether you stuffed your face with a big dinner or you swallowed a turkey flavored appetite supressant, I hope---at that moment you felt tremendous gratitude for everything you have..and everything you'll have in the future---including cheap booze at Nunu's on Wacky Tuesday, which is this coming Tuesday!

I'd like to extend a warm personal welcome to all 13 new members who joined this week. We're 1300 strangers! Which means, that if we were all in a bar at the same time getting wasted, it would take 1300 cabs to drive us all home! We'd actually create a traffic jam on the freeway at 2 am! And if we all decided to go to Denny's for breakfast, there might be an outbreak of 1300 cases of salmonella and we'd cause an epidemic. Yes, Denny's food is gross, no matter how clean and stylish it looks in those pictures on the menu.

Many of us are hardcore Nunu's fans, and we all know the drill. But for you new-comers...here's an example of a typical night at Nunu's. First, I forget to call Nunu's and let them know that we'll be taking over the entire bar. Then they freak out because of the sheer magnitude of work they have to do to serve us our cheap drinkies. But miraculously Miah, saves the day and remembers to call them and warn them about us.

Right about 7pm the hardcore Nunu's lovers show up and whole bunch of dudes. The guys arrive early and the girls arrive late. You know..it's the "what do I wear to get wasted on cheap drinks??" fashion crisis.

Then about 8PM...the place is packed---with US!!!

We usually take over the LEFT side of the bar first, then drift across to the right side. The bartender lets me get on the microphone and announce the toast. I also tell everyone to tip the bartenders well since they're busting their asses all night. We want our favorite bar to be excited we're there...not thinking "here comes the cheap bastards".

Then I do my very best to introduce you all to eachother....which means I cant hang out in one spot too long, but I really love seeing all you guys and chit chatting.

As the night wears on, we all have a blast, take photos..and do some silly crazy shit. For those of you who have to get up early the next morning....you leave around ten. I try to stay to 11 or 12. Sometimes I'm having so much fun, I don't notice its time to leave until they turn on the ligths and ask us all to get the hell outta there. At which point I consider going to Denny's...but then I remember I didn't get vaccinated for rabies or ecoli or tuberculosis or salmonella or ebola.

The food at Nunu's is pretty good for bar food. I'll probably order the Jack Daniels burger. I guess thats the adult version of the Happy Meal.

I'm looking forward to seeing you at Nunu's if you're planning to go. Remember, cheap booze is the best cure for a Turkey Hangover. And if you're drinking, it's better to be drinking with strangers!

Kitty
Your Organizer