addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Drinking With Strangers * San Diego Message Board › How bad do you want to meet people? Your update from kitty

How bad do you want to meet people? Your update from kitty

Kitty M.
Group Organizer
Pasadena, CA
Hey Strangers!
Alot of you are in this group to meet people. If you're not here to meet anyone, you're sitting on the sidelines people watching--which is fun too. Last time we were at Nunu's at the "shredded" hour (the hour in which everybody obviously had shitload of cheap drinks and pretty much people are saying whatever comes to their mind) a 22 year old guy who seemed sort of frustrated, asked me, "Whats the best way to meet women?"

Shreddedly, I said, "Take a ballet class". You'll be surrounded by women. You'll be the only straight guy in the class. You'll be picking up women---Literally. You'll be lifting them over your head and staring straight at their crotch." At that point he was probably getting a good visual on that.

"I cant dance and I hate dancing" he said. "Is there an easier way to meet women?"

"Go to hair styling school." I said. "Learn how to cut and style hair. Aside from Paul Mitchell--you'll be the only straight guy in the business. Imagine--you'll get PAID to meet women and hook up. Law of supply and demand."

If I wasn't wasted that night, I probably would have said something normal like: Learning new things takes you places. Bars are fun, but I'll have to admit--not always the best places to get related to people in a way that's intriguing and adventurous.

If you really want to take meeting people to the next level, a workshop is a great place to do that.

I'm posting a bartending class that's being given by Dean, one of our members who's been bartending at upscale resorts and clubs for years, and has told me some really great stories. Next week he's moving away, so DWS will have one less key player. So, if you want to spend some quality time with each other and with Dean before he's outta here, learn how to mix drinks and be a cool, sought after mixologist--take this workshop.

Last time I posted it, not enough people registered. If you REALLY want to take it JUST SIGN UP. Dont think about it. Shit or get off the pot. He has to rent a venue, so if not enough people sign up--he will not rent the venue. Last minute will not work. Monday April 26 is the LAST opportunity you can take this workshop. He's moving to Jackson Hole on April 30 to ply the rich and famous with booze at some snooty resort.

No maybe's allowed. Say Yes or No. If you say yes, them please register so he knows who will be there.

I'll be there! I took the class a few weeks back, and I want to take it again!
Save $10 when you register online! In the discount code area enter the word: meetup

Classes are good places to MEET PEOPLE in a fun, interactive environment!
See you there!