it may not be the top headline in the news anymore, but they are still in despirate need of our support. In an effort to keep people aware of the conditions in Haiti, UCLA put together and released today a short and very well done video clip of a few of us discussing our experiences in this depressed country...
UCLA Haitian Relief Website:http://www.uclahealth.org/body.cfm?id=561&action=detail&ref=1346Tonight:
On a lighter note, don't forget about Randy's (and Simon, Mark, Josh's) Rush Street Party tonight. Though only about 50 strangers signed up on the late DWS posting , between the other groups there are more than 200 Meetupers heading out tonight. I'll be running a little late since I am on my 12hr shift at the hospital, but will be there immediately after work. Randy will be arriving by 5:30PM, Keep an eye out for him. RSVP below if you already haven't already, thanks:http://www.meetup.com/drinkingwithstrangers/calendar/12940530/This Past Sunday at The Highlands
Awesome, awesome, awesome Party this past Sunday.
1) Though I purchased a mere few hundred dollars worth of appetizers, The Managers at the Highlands insisted on rolling out additional food long after my purchase was complete without charging me/DWS.
2) DJ Prophecy had a great mix, honored our requests and since we were sooo pleased with him, Randy and I are now in the planning stages of using him again in the future at a future event.
3) The Highlands honored its promise of the $3.00 beer all night, also gave us $6.00 Vodka based drinks, NOT well drinks -> we could call out our drinks, like I had Vanilla Vodka's and Soda, Randy with Grey Goose!
4) The staff was friendly, Managers Mark, Brad, our DWSer/Promoter Jason, the security, service and bar staff were just amazing.
5) We'll be back there sometime over the summer, the views were breathtaking, along with the weather, the entry to the club was the right price at Zero.
So Thanks peeps at the Highlands, you Rock!
Check out the Pics Here:http://www.meetup.com/drinkingwithstrangers/photos/861363/Upcoming on the Drinking with Strangers Calendar
*** 2 years ago I rented a 60 foot long adult size jumper at Griffith Park and we had a free picnic in the park. This year, I am expanding the party something fierce -> We are going to make it a convergence party, Jam will do hikes, have cooking lessons, Randy with NFS and Mark/Simon or Soph Singles will hopefully be on board, Chris from DBA and we'll be inviting other top meetup groups to join the massive park mixer, Cotton Candy, Jumper, BBQ's and More :-)
*** (I've been meaning to do this for years) Theme'd Click at a Flick Movie Events (for DWS singles and couples) - the first will be a Trekie Party with the most recent Star Trek movie playing on the big screen outside for only DWSers, I'll gladly be Kirk! Come early, drink for free on our sponsors dollars, mix, find a friend/date at the party and sit and watch an awesome flick with your new friend(s) and just have lotsa fun!
I guess this may not be the best of times, but I'd like to shout out the the family of Andrew Koenig, the actor and son of "Star Trek's" Walter Koenig and as I understand a former member of DWS, that we are sorry for your loss.
*** A New Summer Double Decker Bar Crawl and Scavenger Hunt! Don't miss out, buy the cheap tickets the moment the event is posted, always a sell out with very limited seats/poles ;-)
*** The 4th Annual July 4th Party - Do we need to say more, just don't forget to reserve your room early - lol
*** Lastly, and most likely the next event will be in Hollywood Hills, a house/pool party thanks to one of our gracious DWSers and his available space. We'll get a Video DJ, Dancing, our liquor sponsors and more to make this great, oh and YOU.
Thanks for being a part of Drinking With Strangers, you make us great!Kenway
Organizer of Drinking with Strangerswww.drinkingwithstrangers.com