NYC Freegan Meetup Message Board › The East movie

The East movie

Helen G.
user 33692542
New York, NY
Post #: 11
I thought The East was an intelligent movie but not entirely successful in getting its points across. There were 2 sequences referencing freeganism: 1 at the beginning when Britt Marling's friend with the porkpie hat goes dumpster diving (not very professionally, I thought!) & 1 at the end when Brit digs into the cylindrical trash can nr. elevator & makes a little speech about freeganism.
Jose I.
user 8519284
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 11
I agree with you.but the movie is about fictional ecoterrorism, not about freeganism. In the second scene she didn't d/d like a freegan must does, but that the called homeless do( for me homeless means only without house), so if she said she did d/d in some years of her life, she must know that is not d/d in trashcans but in supermarket or stores garbage bags. Also we doesn't eat others people food half eaten, the apple is have a bite. She put her launch career before the exactly true. For me there are some weak points in the script, about the deaf girl who watch her and later that girl "speaks".OMG. The speach was correct. I don't agree to mention freeganism in an fictional ecoterrorist group. Because in other movies, they doesn't have to be nothing with us. If you are green is not an option for all, you know many people disagree with the practice, and she write that like is a general practice.
A former member
Post #: 130
I thought the movie was ok. I thought the ending was unrealistic, but otherwise, for Hollywood it was pretty good. I disagree with just about everything Jose said. What's the difference between trashcans, garbage bags, etc; it's immaterial. Some deaf people can speak. Whether or not the group is terrorist could be subject to debate. No one was actually killed. The acts they performed could be variously described as vandalism, violation of medical ethics and possibly assault and kidnapping, in legal terms.