Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) is a blood clot, usually formed in the leg, which can break off and travel to the lungs, resulting in a life threatening Pulmonary Embolism (PE). Deep Vein Thrombosis is the THIRD LEADING CAUSE OF DEATH in the United States.
About 2 million Americans suffer from DVT each year. Pulmonary Embolism causes over 300,000 deaths annually in the United States. That's more than breast cancer, AIDS and highway fatalities (combined). This group is for people of all ages and is geared to, but not limited to anyone who:
- would like to join us to help raise awareness
- has suffered from DVT and is looking for support, advice and companionship
- has a blood disorder, such as Factor V Leiden, that might increase their risks of developing a DVT
- is currently taking blood thinners
- has family members or friends that have suffered from DVT
- is concerned and wants to learn more about how to recognize symptoms
Our goal is to raise awareness and educate the public on the risk factors and symptoms of DVT so people can minimize their risks and be able to identify a DVT before it becomes life threatening.
New members must be approved by the Organizer
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members