OUDL Message Board › Git Workflows

Git Workflows

Kyle O.
Group Organizer
Honolulu, HI

Hey folks,

Hope you all had a nice holiday.  And before I go any further, let me wish you all a happy new year.  Let's make 2013 a good one.

OK, now for the business... I'm looking to put together a meetup talk on Git Workflows.  We've seen Git Basics, GitHub, and much about Git over a few talks in the past.  But, I'd like to extend our look into Git by spotlighting how some of us local devs work with Git on a daily basis.

We still get a lot of Git questions and requests for Git talks... so, let's do it differently this time.

The main goal is to level up current Git users, and get beginners over the initial Git energy barrier.

So, what I need from all of you is the following:

• Email me at koba@pasdechocolat.com if you are interested in contributing a workflow
  • Let me know how you use Git
  • Let me know if you would like to share via short demo, how you use Git
  • Do you have a Git tip, shortcut, or command/report/log/alias that you use? Share it (please)!
  • How did you learn Git?
  • What are your favorite Git resources?
  • Anything else you would like to share?

That's about it for now.  If possible, I'm thinking we might be able to have this around Thur, Jan 24th, depending on available space, etc.

Suggestions and questions welcome as always.