addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Educators of Liberty Nebraska/ Western Iowa Message Board › Keynsian Economics in One Easy Lesson

Keynsian Economics in One Easy Lesson

Glen F.
user 11731625
Springfield, NE
Post #: 104
Keynes and Krugman [NY Times idiot columnist] are walking down the street and see dog droppings. Keynes says to Krugman: "I'll pay you $20,000 to eat those." Krugman thinks about it, decides he really wants a new car, and eats the droppings.
They continue walking, then Krugman sees some other dog's droppings up ahead and says to Keynes: "Same deal: I'll pay you $20,000 to eat that." Keynes didn't expect Krugman to take him up on his bet earlier, and he really needs the money, so he agrees.
Then Krugman says to Keynes: "We both have the same amount of money as before, but we both ate poop." Keynes replies: "Yeah, but there was $40,000 in stimulus to the national GDP."
Jim M.
user 10323406
Omaha, NE
Post #: 37
That is exactly how Keynsian Economics works--good analogy.
paul h.
user 24727732
Omaha, NE
Post #: 1
Garbage in Garbage out.
Jeffrey A R.
Checkeredsquare
Omaha, NE
Post #: 625
Does he mean recouping losses or recouping costs are stimulating the economy~ I thought he only counted profits and not poop?\ I am not able to follow this.

Is it that any activity is now counted as stimulus? I thought activity was activity and "stimulus was stimulus?

This kind of shitty humor should not be so over my head or even on my shoes? But I think it must be.

I am confused as shit.