Calgary & Area English Bulldog Meetup Group Message Board › Bully with a yeast infection in their face wrinkles

Bully with a yeast infection in their face wrinkles

A former member
Post #: 10
Our little girl has a black type goo in her wrinkle. I clean her face everyday, sometimes even twice a day with pet soap and water and then dry it, but this stuff just comes back. Anyway, I did some research today(she'd had this about 4-5 days now) and I guess this is a yeast infection.

Anyone ever been through this? Have success stories. I'll take her to the vet if I have to.....we are on her VIP list anyway......

Thank you for any help!
Stacy
Michael and A.
user 11628295
Calgary, AB
Post #: 12
The idea is to kill the yeast and remove the moisture so it can no longer grow.

It will depend on the type of yeast and the amount of actual skin irritation that is present. If the amount of skin irritation is minimal, and the yeast is not really smelly and there is no signs of bacterial infection then you can try using a dilute vinegar or peroxide wash followed by a thorough drying then using a barrier cream (petroleum jelly or polysporin) to KEEP MOISTURE OUT. Also, dry the wrinkles every time she drinks or eats. If the yeast has not decreases significantly in 24 hours you can also try Stanhexadine or Chlorhexadine instead of vinegar or peroxide. Be as fast as you can with this since it will irritate the area so dry it as fast as you can and again use a dilute solution.

We had this on one of our dogs and the secret was to keep it dry and it only took about 2 days to be almost completely gone. Any longer and it would have been a trip to the vet.

Michelle W.
user 9160982
Nanaimo, BC
Post #: 17
I use a zinc barrier cream in Mackies wrinkles when they get yucky.. ( we call it wrinkle cheese *lol*) so like Michael says... wash and dry til very dry and then I zincofax it well... seems to solve out problems nicely.. I also give my girls a good tablespoon of low fat yogurt in their meals... I know that's good for ladies and yeast so I figure it's not gonna hurt for the girls...
A former member
Post #: 11
Thank you all so much for your advice. It really helps to talk to people who have been through the same thing! Thanks for all your expertise!!!

Stacy!
A former member
Post #: 3
Yogurt and zincofax it is for my girl too then. I remember the zincofax from daiper changing days, hope that helps.