Ethics and the Arts Message Board › "North by Northwest" at Rubin Museum (Chelsea) on 1/14

"North by Northwest" at Rubin Museum (Chelsea) on 1/14

A former member
Organized by: Robin Gyrlwondyr

Come see Cary grant climb the presidents' faces on the big screen! If you've never seen this film you don't know what I mean, but, trust me, it's an oldie but goodie, including a chase scene that involves a climb scene on Mt. Rushmore. Like all Cary Grant movies, it's thoroughly charming; and like all Hitch movies, it's a top-notch thriller.

I'm calling it a 7:00 p.m. start, but the Happy Hour starts at 6:00 and you'd be wise to show up early if you can. You get a free ticket for the movie with your $7 drink stub. You can buy $7 worth of food, alternatively, and the pizza is good, as well as other side dishes, such as samosas.

You have to physically take your pay stub for food and/or drink to the ticket podium--which is a tall table next to the side-door entrance--and ASK FOR YOUR MOVIE TICKET--or ask your server, if you opt for table service--but please do one or the other--don't forget!!! It's rare, but sometimes they do sell out.

The movie is downstairs at a swank sceening room, and starts at 9:30. There are cocktail tables and you can actually bring in your cocktails, mocktails, and food from upstairs. Very shmancy. For some reason, it's always as cold as an icebox down there, so bring an extra layer or dress warm.

See you there!

As usual I'll wear something outrageous so you can find me as well as having a few tables with signs
that say "Meetup" on them.

NO FEES.

.."North by Northwest"--Classic Hitch…

Brooklyn Heights Film Lovers Meetup Group