EUG PHP Message Board › Group topics, and an intro

Group topics, and an intro

Max S.
anaxamaxan
Group Organizer
Eugene, OR
Post #: 1
Hello everyone! I started this group just days ago, and already 5 people found it and joined. Welcome!

I have to say, I'm really not a particularly skilled PHP developer nor am I at all experienced with user groups, so I'm a bit nervous about all this. But it seems like there's some interest, and I am willing to do the legwork of organizing a group. I've been working in PHP since 2005, though the past couple of years I did mainly management work in my small business. Recently I decided to get back into the business of making things, and I really enjoy working in PHP. I'm hoping to meet some others of like mind, for network and learning. I'm also hoping to gather a core group of organizers...

I'd like to plan a meetup soon, but I'm hoping to also get the word out a bit more about the group. So probably soon after Valentine's day...?

It would be great to have an idea of what people would be looking for in the group, to get an idea of what sort of topics and presentations would be well-received.

I'll start off by saying that my hopes for the group are techniques & tools for collaborative work, leveraging some of the newer features that PHP 5.3 and 5.4 bring to us, and getting to know some others in town who know the pain of remembering the needle-haystack order.