add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

The Minneapolis Ex-Jehovah's Witness "ALPHA" Meetup Group Message Board › Special announcement on new TV show showcasing the JW's

Special announcement on new TV show showcasing the JW's

Group Organizer
Minneapolis, MN
To All:

1.) It has come to my attention that PBS will be airing a "Special on Jehovah's Witnesses".
It is entittled "Knocking". On channel 2.

Independent Lens: Knocking
Sunday, May 27, 10:00pm
?Knocking? examines the Jehovah's Witness religion.

Since it will be shown at night, I will be recording it from satellite, and will produce a DVD of it. It is a 1 hour show. It should be interesting.

2.) Don't forget the "meetup this coming weekend." Same place at 2:00PM. See you all there.

3.) Important!!!!!!!! "DO NOT FORGET" in less than 2 weeks, Ryan Sutters new album, and band will debut.

Trumpet Marine Playing, "Louder, Longer, Lobster"
June 4th
8:00-11:00 (or later)

The Acadia Cafe
1931 Nicollet Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55403

Thanks Allcool
user 6307313
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 1
I know this comment is late in coming, but I thought "Knocking" was a very biased propaganda piece. The producers of the documentary chose to ignore the many voices of those who have left and been harmed by that cult.

My interest in that documentary was renewed when one of the producers contacted me and threatened to sue me for copyright infringement. I had some videos embedded on my blog that they claimed violated their copyright. Ironically, I had nothing to do with the production of the videos. The clip in question was only three seconds long and appeared to be a fair use of that material.

Later, they contacted the actual producer of the videos. This resulted in a minor scandal and much discussion on the Internet and a reevaluation of the producers' objectivity. If anyone is interested, I posted about this here. I included several links for further research.

That documentary may have been victory for the Watchtower publicity machine, but a new Danish movie may go a long ways towards informing the public about the brutal disciplinary practices of Jehovah's Witnesses. "Worlds Apart" discusses the plight of a young Witness girl who falls in love with a "worldly" boy and has to face a judicial committee and family consequences. The preview is chilling. Here is a review. I've heard that the movie will play in many parts of the world.