Lee L.
Cold_Red_Rain
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 1
I gotta take a break from the groups and reorganize myself. Until then, I'm not coming back to the meetups until I've made at least something of myself. It's been 5 years and I'm not out of the clutches of my mom or the influence of the JWs yet and it's getting old.

Take care.

:)
Joel
Yawning_Lion
Group Organizer
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 134
Lee,

Between both Leo and myself, we have seen your situation repeated over and over again over the last twenty years. You know that what they fed us is not "Truth". That is a huge step forward. That in it's self has created a door way for change for you. I remember feeling trapped, and this was in a day before the Internet and all you had was your own cold steel will.
It generated very, very strong emotion in me as well, and realizing that determination and anger were more useful then despair. A healthy response.
Follow what you want to do with your life, dreams and ambitions are what drive every human being.
The diet of JW crap you were feed must be replaced with the "real truth". Give yourself the credit you deserve for all your efforts in your life that you have worked for, I believe that this is far more than you think you have accomplished. You have to "feel the wind on your face" so to speak. Only you can do that. It will get you through the Door way of change.
The JW programming is self defeating, a "game that was rigged to limit us and distort the real meaning of balance in our lives". I have found that it is "infinitely impossible", to fail to find your dreams and ambitions.
I will not lie to you, change is difficult, and change hurts. However, it is the way out, and it get easier over time. Most importantly, the self satisfaction is enormous, and it is "real truth,"something that we were programmed for.

When you are ready, we will always be here.