The Minneapolis Ex-Jehovah's Witness "ALPHA" Meetup Group Message Board › Happy SolaFest to all

Happy SolaFest to all

Joel
Yawning_Lion
Group Organizer
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 133

Solafest while having its origins from pagan celebrations, is not a bad thing.
It signifies a point of change in nature. We all need to be aware of our state of nature.
Winter Solstice represents the shortest day of the year or what could be interpreted as the longest night of the year.
The most valuable concept from this, is, that knowing, that when any negative situation, has reached it's darkest hour. Then you know, when that moment has come, that things can do nothing else than get better. The days will become longer, there will be more light and warmth.
Life really is about cycles, “Know what your cycles are first.”

We live in interesting and historic times. We have had an economic down turn that the world has never seen before. Similar to the 1929 crash, but different. This one is effected world wide and the number of variables involved is large. However, human Psychology can really be reduced to two self- perception elements, “fear and greed “ (The JW perception of greed has, of course a highly distorted connotation to it of course, LOL!. Remember, you will get your reward after you are “dead,” or when the end comes.)
When the majority of people finally come to “feel” that they are no longer afraid, the economies nation wide and world wide will start to grow.

We are not out of the darkness yet, and as the Winter Solstice is not upon us yet, I fear the economy, will darken more before it gets better. In the mean time, I am reminded, that the ancient Chinese symbol for “crisis” is the same, as for “opportunity” (There is something to said for how human nature repeats itself.) We need to look for the opportunity in our day to day life and seize upon it.

I have not had the time to write the articles, I have wanted to this year, but have made all the meetup's and met some great people. Being that we are Exjw's that have been out here for a very long time, I am reminded of the words of “Thomas Jefferson”.

“We hold these truths to be self-evident............”

Real truth is self-evident and we will continue to be here, and that can make a real difference.

Joel