November 3, 2012 · 10:00 AM
This location is shown only to members
Come join us in supporting our Children's Cancer Research fundraising program by participating in the Nordic BOHO Fashion Photo Shoot! We have the special opportunity to be shooting at a Northern VA Aplaca farm known as Captial Alpacas in Vienna. If you don't know what an Aplaca is, it kinda looks similar to a llama. These unique gentle creatures will make breath taking scenery and co-models for our nordic fall fashion looks. Since it will be a bit chilly out we will be arranging to have an RV brought out to the farm so models and volunteers can get prepared and stay warm. This event will help us produce quality material that will keep our sponsors interested and wanting to donate on a regular basis to our fundraising program for Children's Cancer Research. We'll also be collecting $10.00 donations when you RSVP to support our charity fundraising program.
Nordic fashion is inspired by ethnic prints and patterns from Northern European countries. In this fashion style we have meshed Nordic prints with bohemian fashion to create unique layered looks that combine different fabric textures such as chiffon, suede, distressed leather, wool, fur, lace, and sweater materials for a refreshing fall look.
Models will also be asked to be prepared by choosing your wardrobe in advance and submitting photos of you wearing it to [masked] by Tuesday October 30th 11:59 PM so that we can approve your wardrobe choices, or help you improve them. If you need assistance with wardrobe or can't find anything to wear, contact us immediately and we'll have a stylist help you find something to wear. Don't let not having wardrobe prevent you from coming, we're here to help you get what you need, so please contact us!
Who should attend:
- Make Up Artists
- Volunteers to Assist with Wardrobe Changes, ect.
Staggered Arrival Times
10 AM - Organizers, Models, & Make-Up Artists
11 AM - Photographers, Assistants, & Volunteers
- Please bring Photo ID for age verification.
- Please bring 2-3 outfits total (which you must submit for pre-approval before the shoot…see instructions above!).
- Please bring your modeling bag. Come prepared with:
- assortment of shoes - bring different colors, heels & sandals so we can match them to wardrobe
- make-up and brushes (We will have a MUA on site if you need help)
- baby wipes
- make-up remover wipes
- assortment of appropriate undergarments for your outfits
- safety pins, small sewing kit
- small hand mirror
- hair pins, hair spray, brush, comb, hair tie, curling iron, flat iron
- cottons balls, cotton swabs
- emergency items (Tylenol, migraine medicine, tampons, antacid, razor)
- water bottle
- Please arrive to the photoshoot on time with hair, and basic make up done. Do not apply powder make-ups until you get there because it will be difficult for the MUAs to alter. You should be dressed in your first outfit. Based on feedback from your pre-approval submissions of outfit photos, we may provide additional clothes or accessories specific to you.
- Please bring all of your own equipment: cameras, lenses, lighting, etc.
- Feel free to bring along an assistant who can help carry equipment and assist you during the shoot.
- Please bring Photo ID for identity verification.
- Digital delivery of unedited photos is required before you leave the shoot so that we can immediately start screening photos to be used for the fundraising campaign. This is our policy.
- Please dress warmly :)
- Photo ID is required! No ID = No Participation.
- Everyone will be required to fill out a volunteer information form and sign a photo release form.
- Children and teens under the age of 18 must have parent permission form signed by a legal guardian. Minors must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Images will be available for portfolios.
- Bring water and a lunch box so you stay hydrated and don't get hungry.
- Remember the photos taken at this event belong to Fashionable Causes and you cannot sell the photos, make profit from them, or give another person/company/organization permission to sell or own the photos. They may be used in your portfolio as a demonstration of your ability as long as credit to Fashionable Causes and other participants is given.