Louisiana Filmmakers Message Board › Nokia/TalentHouse seeking Aspiring filmmakers for Sundance - London

Nokia/TalentHouse seeking Aspiring filmmakers for Sundance - London

Lodric
user 9771003
New York, NY
Post #: 1
Hey Gang,

Just got this information from my connect at Talent House - UK based agency. They have teamed up with Nokia & Sundance- London, and are looking for US based filmmakers/ aspiring filmmakers to participate in a contest where winners get $$$ prize and also the opportunity to be showcased at Sundance - London. The deadline is in 12 days, but you only have to submit 15 - 60sec. of footage. I am sending it to you because I feel:
1) You may be great for this, or
2) You know someone who may be great for this

Great news: They have NO U.S. submissions, to date, and are in need.

My contact is Jo Burford, whose info is attached below. Please feel free to use my name as a referral.
Also, give me a heads up, if you submit, so that I can put in a word. This is a great opportunity.

I would love to see a Louisianian win, especially since our music and culture is soooo Rich!

Attached is the press release:
http://www.talenthous...­

Regards,
Lodric Collins
LodricCollins@yahoo.com

Nokia Music, together with legendary film and music festival Sundance are looking for aspiring filmmakers to take to London and showcase their film.

To showcase your film at Sundance London, you need to submit a 30-60 second teaser film based upon the music subculture of your city.
Nokia Music are looking for clips that showcase what you WOULD do. At this stage we're not looking for polished we're looking for PASSION!
The full brief is here.

If you're selected by the judges, you'll then have 2 weeks and $5,000 dollars budget plus you'll be sent two Lumia920's to shape your clip into a short 5 minute film for the festival.
The overall winner will the receive a further $5,000 as a prize and huge publicity

If you're wondering what to do, a Talenthouse young filmmaker in the UK quickly put together this short film together based on a UK rap guitarist Random Impulse to help inspire his fellow filmmakers Check it out - we're certain you can submit something just as cool in time for the 21st March deadline.

The opportunity for both the finalist and the winner of this is incredible! You'll have your film screened at Sundance London, get noticed by the key players in the film industry and meet the senior marketing team at Nokia.

If you're passionate about getting ahead in the film and or music video industry - this one is for you!

If you're on Twitter - get involved on @nokiamusic #NokiaXSundanceLDN
Any questions - hit up Jo Burford @JoBurford_TH or Jo@Talenthouse.com