The London Filmmakers Network | Message Board › anyone fancy collaborating on some video for the next Hats Off Gentlemen It'

anyone fancy collaborating on some video for the next Hats Off Gentlemen It's Adequate album (prog rock)

user 14537063
London, GB
Post #: 10
Our next Hats Off Gentlemen It's Adequate album is going to be based on a science fiction story about consciousness (whether the substrate - brain or machine, matters for the emergence of a consciousness). The story isn't trying to suggest an answer either way, it's just exploring how the virtual character might feel. In the story the virtual character believes they are alive (or at least acts in the way that they would if there was a 'them' to believe it) and ends up fighting a computer virus threatening the real world.

The musical ideas so far are a mix of prog-rock, rock, minimalism, electronica, metal and funky rock.

I aim to either write the story as a short story/novelette, or at least to provide a synopsis for those interested in reading it. I would also be interested in opening up this project for a variety of collaborations. If there are artists interested in making something inspired by or related to the album, songs, story, or lyrics, I'd be interested in putting them together in an online gallery.

Similarly, I would be interested in exploring possibilities for working with film-makers, actors, designers, etc either to produce a music video to go with each track in the album, and make a video album DVD.

Maybe open up elements of the music to remixers? All of course within the constraints of no significant budget, and very limited expectations of any sales (I'm not expecting this to make a profit).

If you'd be interested in contributing in some way to the project, please do let me know. The working title for the album is Clockwork Heart.

Some of the track titles so far are -
When The Kill Code Fails ("as the lights fade, it's back to the stone age, when the kill code fails")
Alive ("I'm more alive than I've ever been before, and I want more")
My Clockwork Heart ("my clockwork heart heart still beats, somewhere inside me")
"Broken Wave"

Here is a sampler of some ideas I've been exploring for our next Hats Off Gentlemen It's Adequate album.­

To hear tracks from our debut album, visit
Best wishes,
Malcolm Galloway

Hats Off Gentlemen It's Adequate