SoCal Fit Force (Fitness/Figure/Pageant Competitors) Message Board › New Meetup: Stair Climb and/or Conditioning Hike at Baldwin Hills!

New Meetup: Stair Climb and/or Conditioning Hike at Baldwin Hills!

Venus
user 6042471
Group Organizer
Redondo Beach, CA
Announcing a new Meetup for SoCal Fit Force (Fitness/Figure/Pageant Competitors)!

What: Stair Climb and/or Conditioning Hike at Baldwin Hills!
When: Saturday, May 14, 2011 9:30 AM

Where: Baldwin Hills Scenic Overlook State Park
6300 Hetzler Rd.
Culver City, CA 90232
(310) 855-3737

Why: This is a great workout for people at all levels...you can make it easier or harder, as you please!

This is a GREAT conditioning hike...there's approximately 300 hundred steps up, then you can hike down a winding trail. This is a great hike because everyone can participate! There are 3 ways up to the scenic overlook -- the stairs, the switchback trail, or the paved road (Hetzler Rd). You can go up and down the stairs multiple times, or up the stairs and down the trail, or up the trail and down the road, or any combination you like!!

I'm going to go up the stairs and down the trail. That's a one-and-a half mile lap with A 400 FT ELEVATION GAIN with great scenery, and almost a 360 degree view of Los Angeles!!! I will start the hike promptly at 9:30am, and I estimate being there about an hour.

MEETING PLACE: Meet at 9:20 AM at the intersection of Jefferson Blvd and Hetzler Road. There is a big entrance sign to the park there. Look for me wearing an orange hoodie. PARKING: It's free to park on the street (Jefferson Blvd). If you go up to park in the pay lot at the top of the overlook, it will cost you $6 (and then, of course, you'll be hiking down the road to get to us at the bottom). Afterwards, we can gather at a nearby spot for a smoothie/coffee/snack.

As always, text/call if you can't find us.

-Venus

714-469-0161

Check it out!