Birds, Butterflies & Botany Message Board Botany › Blue Butterfly Pea seed pods are on the way and how to scarify them

Blue Butterfly Pea seed pods are on the way and how to scarify them

Terri
LillyduLac
Winter Springs, FL
Greeting All~!

First I want to tell you that I don't get my mail everyday because my box is located in a community area down by our rec room. Sometimes I don't check it every day so don't worry if you don't get the seed pods right away. I am sending out today the SASE I retrieved this morning.

Secondly I want to tell what scarifying means if you don't already know. That is the process of breaching the hard outer shell of a seed that normally would be difficult to germinate. I'm not positive that these seeds require this process but its what I did with them and was successful. See instructions below.

You may then sow them directly in the ground [optimal] or in little seedling pots or flats and keep moist till they sprout. [Or keep them in moist paper towels till they sprout.] Grow near something they can climb on.

Susie thank you for the loofah seeds~! I can't figure out which Susan you are in the members list or I would have sent you a personal note. Okay keep the self addressed stamped envelops coming if you want some of these seed pods. I'll see some of you at our lunch today~!

Lilly

Read more: How to Scarify Seeds | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_2330741_scarify-seeds.html#ixzz1ARs9Fdkm­