Announcing a new Meetup for The DC Area Folk SOJO (Sing Out Jam Out)!
What: Beat The Heat August SOJO
When: Saturday August 2,[masked]:00 PM
Where: Click the link below to find out!
Meetup Description: As temperatures rise, let your spirits soar at our Beat the Heat August SOJO. Enjoy "Summertime" by stepping out of the "Heat Wave" for a "Hot Time in the Old Town Tonight" (or afternoon as the case may be). Perhaps we'll have another visit from a steamed flounder, Rick.
* Our usual wonderfully air-conditioned Crystal City venue (wheelchair accessible).
* 1.5 blocks from the Crystal City Blue & Yellow Line Metrorail station, with free parking available at nearby garages, the closest being on 23rd St. between Crystal Drive and US 1.
* 2-5 p.m. with a break around 3:30. Come early, come often for maximum fun.
* Rise Up Singing book - available for sale at our cost, usually around $18. First-time visitors may borrow a copy. SOJO veterans, please try to have some songs picked out, so we can keep the circle moving. Remember you can also bring lyrics, preferably with chords, for songs not in the book.
* $4 or so to contribute toward the meeting-place rent appreciated if you're able and inclined to do so. If you're not so able or inclined, don't sweat it... please come anyway!
* You might want to bring some water to drink -- in fact, if someone can bring a jug of water to share and some cups that would be much appreciated. Thanks to Laura M. for last SOJO?s liquidity.
Chill with good people and enjoy singing and playing some cool songs. Beat the heat with "Four Strong Winds," "Blowin? in the Wind", the "Frozen Logger" or whatever tune would be (n)ice.
This invitation is hot off the presses so don't let it grow cold but click the link now to RSVP.
Warm regards ;-),
Co-queen of Books
Learn more here:http://folk.meetup.com/45/calendar/8388932/