Sunday, September 21, 2008 10:17 AM
* Our usual Crystal City venue (wheelchair accessible).
* 1.5 blocks from the Crystal City Blue & Yellow Line Metrorail station, with free parking available at nearby garages, the closest being on 23rd St. between Crystal Drive and US 1. For detailed walking or wheelchair directions from Crystal City Metro, sign in, click on "Files" in the menu at upper left, and choose "Crystal City Metro to SOJO Directions," posted by Freddy on Sept. 7, 2008.
* 2-5 p.m. with a break around 3:30. Please arrive a little early if you can to help set up and so we have a musical quorum to start.
* Rise Up Singing book - available for sale at our cost, usually around $18. Remember you can also bring lyrics, preferably with chords, for songs not in the book. (If Bookkeeping Queen Caryn, Empress Elie, and/or Martianess (sp.?) Margi are there, they may have some backup books to sell, or to lend to first-timers. So may Flounder Rick, if he is there. In any case, the first edition Freddy replaced last December, along with the elastic that is more or less holding it together, will be available to anyone who needs and dares to borrow it.)
* $4 or so to contribute toward the meeting-place rent appreciated if you're able and inclined to do so. If you're not so able or inclined, don't sweat it... please come anyway!
* You might want to bring some water to drink -- in fact, if someone can bring a jug of water to share and some cups that would be much appreciated.