Announcing a new Meetup for The DC Area Folk SOJO (Sing Out Jam Out)!
What: Victory party SOJO!
When: November 15,[masked]:00 PM
Where: Click the link below to find out!
Meetup Description: Out with the old and in with the new! It's the end of an, um, "unusual" administration, shall we say? I can't imagine many people disagreeing with that assessment!
How would you all like to celebrate the occasion as we sing and jam? OK, we'll leave it up to you! Share your thoughts if you like. Feel free to bring snacks and drinks, along with your loud and proud voices and instruments, and let's have a party!
Come join us:
* At our usual Crystal City venue (wheelchair accessible). For detailed directions from the Metrorail station, make sure you're signed into SOJO's website, click on "Files" in the menu at upper left, and choose "Crystal City Metro to SOJO directions" posted by Freddy on Sept. 7, 2008.
* From 2 to 5 p.m. with a break around 3:30. Please arrive a little early if you can, to help set up and so we have a musical quorum to start.
* Please bring your Rise Up Singing book or purchase one at the gathering. We sell them at our cost, usually around $18. Alternatively, you may borrow a copy (we have a "borrow one time only" honor system policy). Remember you can also bring lyrics, preferably with chords, for songs not in the book.
* If you're able and inclined to do so, you might want to bring $4 or so to contribute toward the rent for our meeting place. If you're not so able or inclined, don't sweat it... please come anyway!
* You might want to bring some water to drink as singing tends to parch.
Bring victory or celebratory songs if you like, to add to our usual complement of political songs!
P.S. You're welcome to come, and SOJO loves you, regardless of your political affiliation.
Learn more here:http://folk.meetup.com/45/calendar/9074257/